Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Trying to find a template of ceremony events

Trying to ind a template for progrms that is or a Christian ceremony outdoors with 2 readings, one solo, and NO unity candle/sand ceremony/ect. Anybody have one or know where I can find one.

Re: Trying to find a template of ceremony events

• I think you might be over thinking this a bit...all you do is type the order of things into a template you have or Word document.

Your minister or officiant should have the exact order of things for you.

In general...

Processional
    Opening Remarks/Welcome
    Opening Prayer
    Hymn (include lyrics)
    Reading 1 Title performed by John Smith
    Reading 2 Title performed by Jane Doe
    Exchange of Vows
    Exchange of Rings
    Pronouncement
    Closing Prayer
    Presentation of the couple
    Recessional
  • The thing is the minister is a friend, he does not have a church and he sys he I.l o it ow ever we want it, except I do not know all the stuff leaving up to the vows and exchange of rings. Every website seems to have different things and orders.
  • Unless your state or religion has specific things that MUST be said/done in a marriage ceremony, you can do whatever you want in whatever order you want. The order I provided above is what is standard/traditional.

Check with the county clerk's office in the county you are getting married in to make sure your friend is considered an official minister and any requirements for a legal ceremony before you make too many plans.
  • Agree with PP. There are certain things that the officiant must say (here where we live anyway) in order to make it legal. The government office that issues your license should be able to tell you exactly what they are (I found mine online).

I'd say that the order of things and the things that you'd like to include, are up to you. I'm starting to work on my ceremony soon, but I already know the basic 'shape' of the event.

Processional
    Welcome by officiant
    Readings
    Vows
    Signing the licence
    Pronouncement
    Recessional

What you want to include is really up to you, as long as you cover the legal stuff.

HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have a quirky one I got on another wedding site, if you want it. I can email it to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards