March 2013 Weddings
Options

Weather issues!!

I have the PERFECT venue for us picked out. But I'm stressing over the weather!! I really wish I knew if it was going to be nice or cold. This year it was nice out, but who knows about next year?! The ceremony can be inside but they have a beautiful rose garden outside for the dancing and music at the reception that I want to use. But I don't want to freeze my guests! Pulling my hair out...
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Weather issues!!

• Options
    Just make sure your venue has a back-up plan for you and I think you'll be okay! I went to a wedding in FL where the reception was supposed to be outside right on the beach and it rained the whole day, but the bride and groom weren't worried at all because the venue had already made sure there was space inside reserved for them just in case. You could also suggest to guests on a wedding webpage to bring a sweater or something.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've got the same problem here, b_young. I live in the Ozark Mountains and there are hundreds of amazing outdoor sites for ceremonies and parties. I just don't trust the weather!

Julie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    I agree with the PP's, as long as there's an indoor space just incase I'm sure it'll be fine! :-)
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There is a reception area in case of weather but its not as pretty as the beautiful rose garden.. : (   Thanks for everyone's post! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for the next 7 months! lol
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I really wanted an outside ceremony...

In Oklahoma it can be 90 degrees or we could get 9 inches of snow. We never know! We opted for an inside ceremony and reception to save our sanity.

I'm crossing my fingers for you!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards