Honeymoon Discussions
Options

My fiancee are unsure where to go for the Honeymoon

We are getting married October 16th, and we were going to go to alaska for our honeymoon, but it'll be too cold to go there plus they don't do much touristy things there around that time of year (we wanted to go on the cruise to alaska but only do it during the warmer months of the year). So we are unsure where else we should go. We've looked all over the internet and nothing is really getting our attention. We both love the mountains and trees, and want to stay in a cabin for our honeymoon. Any ideas? 

Re: My fiancee are unsure where to go for the Honeymoon

• Options
    i live in wisconsin and in northern wisconsin and minnesota, they have INCREDIBLE landscape with lakes, trees and many resorts you could stay at that have cabins.  In Wisconsin, the town of Hayward has a lot of fun stuff to do, but a lot of people love to do the north shore drive which is along lake superior.  its absolutely gorgeous and serene and you could potentially have lots of privacy or city life, depending on what you want.
  • Options
    The Muskoka or Algonquin areas of Ontario, Canada are fantastic and would be so beautiful that time of year with the trees changing colour. I would recommend one of these cottages:
    http://www.bluespruce.ca/

I admit that the website is nothing special, but the resort itself is great. We've stayed in the Greenwood's cottage and it's quiet, private, and beautiful...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    prhaps take a little mini-moon for a few days after and then go on the alaskan cruise next summer....

• Options
    obviously you want something adventurous yet relaxing. I think you could go to colorado or utah and go hiking. or look into bass lake. its beautifull. i go there every summer since i was a kid. they have cabins at "the forks" and they have hiking an horseback riding about an hour away.
    good luck
  • Options
    FI and I went on a vacation to Great Smokey Mountains in NC for a few weeks this summer.  We stayed at an adorable cabin in the woods (with a private hot tub on our deck).  We would love to go back there in the fall when the leaves are at their peak.  It was called Cabins of Asheville.  Plus, Asheville offered lots of things to do during the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards