Wedding Party
Options

BM with an issue or am I overreacting?

I messaged that we only need 4 people to RSVP since today is our RSVP date on the invites to one of my BM's and she's like "what?" I said we have 4 people that need to rsvp. She says "we are in the wedding party". I go yah... I'm saying out of our guest list we only need 4 more people to rsvp.. .....SERIOUSLY HOW THE F IS SHE NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT?
VENT: From the beginning she has been an odd ball. Since FI added a GM one of his buddies from the marines I needed to pick up a BM. She is FI best mans gf. So I asked her if she would want to be one. This was back in December. She said No that she couldnt afford it. Then replied NVM that she would love to.
In March I have all my BM go dress shopping together. I messaged her letting her know the date I scheduled. She replies that if she could just go by herself. I said I would really like her to be there. So 6 out of 7 were able to attend. She showed up 30 minutes late and had a list for the consultant at davids bridal. The note consisted of 15 dresses. She only wanted to try on the ones that were on sale. I understand that obviously she stated previously money was tight. So she tries on only 4 dresses. Every picture I have of her in a dress is a sad face. She was also not fond that everyone would have to alternate the dressing room. Nobody else complained about this and nobody else had price issues. Needless to say she doesn't buy anything and buys a swatch and insists she is going to find a dress somewhere else. BM dresses are Apple Red. Its not just any simple red color. I also had other BM buy swatches and look elsewhere. Nobody found a dress outside davids bridal that matched the color. But somehow this BM did. I have only seen the dress in pictures and going to have to take her word that it matches the swatch. 
Next issue, My FSIL and Matron of honor are hosting my shower and bach party and send her an invite. She messages me and asks why I chose the bar i chose to have my bach party there? I said its my fav bar its where FI and I met. She then makes a remark about why not go to tahoe or reno for the weekend? I said because everyone I know is very tight on the money and I rather have everyone in my bridal party there then not be able to go because of expenses. She then tells me that she wont be attending my shower or my party because she will not be in town and will be house sitting for her parents. THEN WHY BRING UP THE BAR IM GOING TO??? Previously to all this drama went down between my sister and I. BM and I had a conversation that she thinks its stupid people have bridal and baby showers. She doesn't understand why she should have to buy people a gift for making a life choice. She also did not attend our baby shower last year.
Next issue, I have my hair and make up trial and I send her the pictures along with all my BM to show them. She replied with "cool". Just cool nothing else. I then send my BM the information and pricing to have their hair and make up done by the salon if they wish. She replies back with "Is any of this required?" I simply say it was a suggestion. After looking into my budget I decided why buy everyone a bunch of gifts when I can just pay for everyones hair and make up. So I remessaged her and told her that I would gift this to the BMs. She said she only wants hair. Ok.
Weeks go by and I try to chit chat with her on FB saying hey how are you how are things going and I get no response or one worded responses like good, thanks, cool. 
I dont know if she is just not into wedding chat or if there is something Ive done. I dont know how to approach the situation because if its just me making things up in my head I dont want to cause any drama. But when I talk about the things she has said or does to my other BMs they all agree she is being weird. None of them are personally friends of her and know her through her BF or through myself.
This is also the same person who threw her apple to apples cards down and stromed off upstairs because she didnt like that a girl that we were playing with was a bit intoxicated and was chit chatting more then playing at FI and I's christmas ugly sweater party last year. I confronted her on this a few days after and was like wtf happend? Even the drunk girl days later was like wtf is up her butt?
FI isnt sure what I should do either. He doesnt want to rock the boat but he does know what has been going on and how I have been feeling. He suggested that he would talk to best man but i opted out of that idea because I am honestly too afraid of drama weeks before the wedding.
Sorry for all the spelling errors or if some parts dont make sense. Im just really upset over this whole situation. petty and stupid.
pregnancy calendar

Re: BM with an issue or am I overreacting?

• Options
    Maybe you let your FI talk to his best man and have him explain how frustrated you are with his girlfriend. After all it is YOUR day and she should not be so petty. It is one thing to want to save money on a dress. But she should have at least tried to have fun with you and your other bridesmaids. I think your gift to your bridesmaids is a wonderful idea. She should have been more gracious. It sounds like she is a spoiled brat who has to be the center of attention. I think you should just relax and focus on the last weeks leading up to your wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-with-an-issue-or-am-i-overreacting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:169d5d24-da0d-44c6-a7dd-05ec8d7935d9Post:49ca601c-f25b-46a4-a393-af1a5381dc2d">BM with an issue or am I overreacting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I messaged that we only need 4 people to RSVP since today is our RSVP date on the invites to one of my BM's and she's like "what?" I said we have 4 people that need to rsvp. She says "we are in the wedding party". I go yah... I'm saying out of our guest list we only need 4 more people to rsvp.. .....SERIOUSLY HOW THE F IS SHE NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT? VENT: From the beginning she has been an odd ball. Since FI added a GM one of his buddies from the marines I needed to pick up a BM. She is FI best mans gf. So I asked her if she would want to be one. This was back in December. She said No that she couldnt afford it. Then replied NVM that she would love to. In March I have all my BM go dress shopping together. I messaged her letting her know the date I scheduled. She replies that if she could just go by herself. I said I would really like her to be there. So 6 out of 7 were able to attend. She showed up 30 minutes late and had a list for the consultant at davids bridal. The note consisted of 15 dresses. She only wanted to try on the ones that were on sale. I understand that obviously she stated previously money was tight. So she tries on only 4 dresses. Every picture I have of her in a dress is a sad face. She was also not fond that everyone would have to alternate the dressing room. Nobody else complained about this and nobody else had price issues. Needless to say she doesn't buy anything and buys a swatch and insists she is going to find a dress somewhere else. BM dresses are Apple Red. Its not just any simple red color. I also had other BM buy swatches and look elsewhere. Nobody found a dress outside davids bridal that matched the color. But somehow this BM did. I have only seen the dress in pictures and going to have to take her word that it matches the swatch.  Next issue,  My FSIL and Matron of honor are hosting my shower and bach party and send her an invite. She messages me and asks why I chose the bar i chose to have my bach party there? I said its my fav bar its where FI and I met. She then makes a remark about why not go to tahoe or reno for the weekend? I said because everyone I know is very tight on the money and I rather have everyone in my bridal party there then not be able to go because of expenses. She then tells me that she wont be attending my shower or my party because she will not be in town and will be house sitting for her parents. THEN WHY BRING UP THE BAR IM GOING TO??? Previously to all this drama went down between my sister and I. BM and I had a conversation that she thinks its stupid people have bridal and baby showers. She doesn't understand why she should have to buy people a gift for making a life choice. She also did not attend our baby shower last year. Next issue, I have my hair and make up trial and I send her the pictures along with all my BM to show them. She replied with "cool". Just cool nothing else. I then send my BM the information and pricing to have their hair and make up done by the salon if they wish. She replies back with "Is any of this required?" I simply say it was a suggestion. After looking into my budget I decided why buy everyone a bunch of gifts when I can just pay for everyones hair and make up. So I remessaged her and told her that I would gift this to the BMs. She said she only wants hair. Ok. Weeks go by and I try to chit chat with her on FB saying hey how are you how are things going and I get no response or one worded responses like good, thanks, cool.  I dont know if she is just not into wedding chat or if there is something Ive done. I dont know how to approach the situation because if its just me making things up in my head I dont want to cause any drama. But when I talk about the things she has said or does to my other BMs they all agree she is being weird. None of them are personally friends of her and know her through her BF or through myself. This is also the same person who threw her apple to apples cards down and stromed off upstairs because she didnt like that a girl that we were playing with was a bit intoxicated and was chit chatting more then playing at FI and I's christmas ugly sweater party last year. I confronted her on this a few days after and was like wtf happend? Even the drunk girl days later was like wtf is up her butt? FI isnt sure what I should do either. He doesnt want to rock the boat but he does know what has been going on and how I have been feeling. He suggested that he would talk to best man but i opted out of that idea because I am honestly too afraid of drama weeks before the wedding. Sorry for all the spelling errors or if some parts dont make sense. Im just really upset over this whole situation. petty and stupid.
    Posted by Melissa.hylton[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think you are overreacting. I don't really see what the problem is. Showing up late to the appointmet was rude, but I think you just need to let it go. It sounds like the stress of having things to finalize is getting to you. Just breathe.
    Some people just get sick of wedding talk or she may be going through some things right now that are affecting her personality. Just give her some space and try to let some of the little things go.

I do have to say that even I am little confused as to why you were letting her know how many people still needed to RSVP. Were you just excited or were you trying to ask her to track them down?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-with-an-issue-or-am-i-overreacting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:169d5d24-da0d-44c6-a7dd-05ec8d7935d9Post:49ca601c-f25b-46a4-a393-af1a5381dc2d">BM with an issue or am I overreacting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I messaged that we only need 4 people to RSVP since today is our RSVP date on the invites to one of my BM's and she's like "what?" I said we have 4 people that need to rsvp. She says "we are in the wedding party". I go yah... I'm saying out of our guest list we only need 4 more people to rsvp.. .....SERIOUSLY HOW THE F IS SHE NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT? VENT: From the beginning she has been an odd ball.<strong> Since FI added a GM one of his buddies from the marines I needed to pick up a BM.</strong> She is FI best mans gf. So I asked her if she would want to be one.Posted by Melissa.hylton[/QUOTE]

So you asked her to be a BM just because you needed even sides?  There's part of the problem. 

It doesn't sound like you were all that great of friends before, so I don't get why you're surprised that she's not jumping up and down about your wedding.  So yes, I think you're overreacting.  She isn't required to attend your bachelorette party or shower. 

And what cfas said about paying for their hair.  If it's for your wedding, it isn't a gift to them.
  • Options
    rsannarsanna member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary

First, it sounds like you only picked her as a bridesmaid to have even sides.  So, she is more or less just a prop to make things even.  If my reading comprehension is correct (since it sounds like you added her because your FI added a GM), then I can maybe understand why she is upset.  She wasn't "good enough" to be picked until you had a spot to fill.

Second, you probably should have had a private conversation with all of your BMs about budget.  Maybe the dresses on sale at David's Bridal were all she could afford?

Third, yeah the bach party stuff is weird and a little rude. I can understand how it is frustrating,but, maybe she was just interested?  Also, no one has to give a gift at weddings, bridal or baby showers.

Fourth, since the hair and makeup is for the wedding, it isn't really a gift.  Don't you think someone would much rather have like a $50 (or however much hair/makeup is) giftcard to a restaurant or movies or something?  I guess I am just a cheap person and would rather do my own hair/makeup than have to pay for it.  But I agree with the PP, it isn't really a gift.

Finally, the rest of the stuff doesn't really matter.  You choose her to be a BM and you knew all of this behavior, since she is at least a friend, right?  Yeah she is dramatic and a little self-centered.  Did you expect her to change for your wedding?  Not everyone wants to talk wedding all the time and no one will be more excited for your wedding than you.  Like I said before, I don't know why you asked her if you get this upset over her behavior.  Just take a deep breath and ignore it.  It isn't that big of a deal, because at the end of the day you will have married your FI.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think there are a few issues here:

1) You asked her to make sides even.  Were you close before at all?

2) DId you ask your BMs a budget before showing up to David's?  You really should have asked individually what each was comfortable spending.  Otherwise, she's the odd person out who has to say to you, "This is my budget and I'm not comfortable going over it," compared to the others.   The uncomfortable situation could have been avoided if you asked first.

3) Hair and makeup is not a gift to your BMs.  It's something for you - not them.  You can pay for it but making it their present is really more of a service to you than to them.

That said,

1) I think she could have handled the appointment a bit better.

2) Why she doesn't "get" that you buy a gift for nice occasions is baffling to me.  I think there's something amiss there.

3) She may be just trying to make herself feel better.  Based on what you said, she just seems like a sad person.
  • Options
    I think the only thing she did wrong was take back her original decline to be in a wedding for someone who's only a friend by distant proxy and clearly only wanted a warm body and a loyal Wedding Minion without any regard for the person filling that role.  She probably figured that she was just going to be treated like hired help instead of a friend, and hey, look, she was exactly right.

You only have six weeks until your wedding.  Presumably she has all of the information she needs at this point to perform her one and only obligation (showing up for the ceremony), so leave the poor girl alone.  Your "vent" reads like a laundry list of how not to treat your bridesmaids.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    So, basically, you're upset that someone who's not really your close friend ... isn't acting the way a close friend would act?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-with-an-issue-or-am-i-overreacting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:169d5d24-da0d-44c6-a7dd-05ec8d7935d9Post:49ca601c-f25b-46a4-a393-af1a5381dc2d">BM with an issue or am I overreacting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong> Since FI added a GM one of his buddies from the marines I needed to pick up a BM. She is FI best mans gf. So I asked her if she would want to be one. </strong>

I stopped reading after this part.  That was your problem in the first place.  Sides don't have to be even, because now you are esentially making this BM into a photo prop.  If you left your sides they way it was, regardless of FI adding a GM, you wouldn't be having issues.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-with-an-issue-or-am-i-overreacting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:169d5d24-da0d-44c6-a7dd-05ec8d7935d9Post:49ca601c-f25b-46a4-a393-af1a5381dc2d">BM with an issue or am I overreacting?</a>:
    [QUOTE] <strong>After looking into my budget I decided why buy everyone a bunch of gifts when I can just pay for everyones hair and make up. So I remessaged her and told her that I would gift this to the BMs. </strong>

If it's a requirement for your wedding, it's not a gift.  Buying or giving them anything they need to have/wear for your wedding is not a gift.
  • Options
    Your BM is absolutely not the one with the issue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Yes, you are overreacting.  It sounds like you may have a case of wedding stress and that you are using said friend as the scapegoat b/c she didn't couldn't afford the BM dress and didn't attend your shower.  Don't take your stress out on your friend.  She is not a puppet.  The first problem was adding someone to make the sides even, but that's another story.  It was YOUR responsibility as the bride to get everyon'es budget beforehand and if one of the BM's couldn't afford the dress, you should've figured out a different dress to accommodate them and their budget, not your "dream" BM dress.  Yes, they are in your WP but that doens't mean you can treat them like puppets.

Paying for your BM's hair and makeup is a lame-ass gift to start with.  Would you randomly pay for them to get their hair cut and colored?  No.  Then you shouldn't treat this service as a gift.  If you are requiring them to wear a certain hairstyle (which is also lame btw), then YOU pay for it.  Otherwise, you leave it completely up to them as to what they want to do with their hair and makeup and they pay for it themselves.  Please, go out and get them an actual gift from the heart, something they can keep forever.  Not a hairstyle that will last a few hours at best.

Drink a large glass...err, bottle of wine and chill out. 

• Options
    LeguLegu member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    So so much TL;DR. I got as far as "FI added a GM so I had to get another BM" Yuk.
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Options
    OP, there is so much wrong with your post. From memory, since I'm on the phone: You should never have added her for even sides. You should have asked everyone, privately, for their budgets BEFORE going shopping. She didn't need to go shopping with everyone. Hair and make up for your wedding is NOT a present to them. And what is your problem with her not wanting to get her make up professionally done. She doesn't need to attend your shower or bachelorette. Why are you pissy about her talking with you about the parties, whether she can attend or not? You're seriously bitching about her not understanding a random, out of context text that you sent her out of the blue about your RSVPs? Seriously? I don't see a single thing that she's done wrong here. You, on the other hand, are fucking up all over.

• Options
    Hey all UPDATE! 

I didnt add her for EVEN sides only. She and I have gotten very close over the last few years. But at the point of having 6 bridesmaids that I have known for 10+years I didnt consider it. When FI picked up a GM she was the first person I ran to. When I asked her she said No and yes in a matter of 5 minutes. We talked about why she wasnt an org. pick and she TOTALLY said she understood so THAT is NOT the issue. 

Before I made the appt for Davids bridal I let the girls know that they have their own budget sicne all the dresses are completly different and not all the same. This way they could get the dress they wanted and were able to afford. Before i made the appt I also asked everyone if that date was ok. Everyone but 1 said that date was ok. So she shows up late. Ok again NOT the issue. It was more of a background to the story. 

As for a laundry list of how NOT to treat a BM I havent done ANYTHING wrong to the girl. She is a good friend maybe she wasnt my first pick because I have other closer friends and FIs family members in it. But to say I am treating her wrong is stupid. 

I actually grew some balls and brought up the fact that she has been short with me.. THE REAL REASON IM UPSET and she basically had an excuse that we have been too busy for them and they didnt like that. Well I have 2 children. 1 child is in elementary school. He attends boy scounts, tee ball a long with lots of other stuff. They have NO children so they can just do spur of the moment stuff. THATS WHY SHE WAS ACTING WEIRD..

Before I decided to gift everyone Hair and make up we decided everyone wanted to do their own thing. THEIR CHOICE. So because I am GIFTING them hair and make up doesnt benifit me in any way! Its a day of pampering. I would say at $55 a pop for 7 girls IS a gift. Its more then what I would pay if i bought jewerly or trinkets for everyone. 

As for gift giving for bridal showers or baby showers I dont care if I dont get any gifts. I am actually looking forward to having my close friends and both sides of the family together for celebrating. Was simply stating that is HER view on the situation. 

WR topics I get it.. She just isnt into it. I will stop asking her or including her and just expect her to show up the day of and so be it. I just was hoping for a little more excitement like the other 6 girls who are happy with whatever I say or show them. 
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    If I were her, I'd feel like an added on person since thats what it looks like.  YOu didn't ask her when you asked everyone else, just when you needed to fill a spot that you hadn't intended on doing so.  I would feel slighted if I was her.

PS: uneven WPs isn't uncommon anymore, you should have considered that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No you are NOT overreacting.  This girl is being self-centered.  She showed up late to the BM dress appt, then whipped out a list like it was HER wedding.  If she had some suggestions based on her price point, she should've approached you before the appt.  Then she grills you about the location of the Bachelorette party.  If she's so broke why does she want to go to Reno?  I'd bet money if you had said your party was moving to where she wanted, she'd suddenly have found time to go.

As for the rsvp thing, I didn't understand what the heck you meant right away so I'd excuse her on that one.  The rest of it, just don't expect any form of happiness or excitement.  Since it isn't involving her, she isn't going to care.
    Stacie
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-with-an-issue-or-am-i-overreacting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:169d5d24-da0d-44c6-a7dd-05ec8d7935d9Post:2ab5dab2-3ef4-4c6c-85cc-0ebb371eeb87">Re: BM with an issue or am I overreacting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not going to touch most of that long ass post, but I will say that you can't pay for the bridesmaids's hair and makeup as their gift. If it's for the wedding, then it's not really a gift. Their gifts should be something personal and not wedding related. But I will say, I think you're overreacting.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

I disagree.  I think anything given to the BM's as a nicity to way to save money is a gift.  I've received jewelry several times, but it was always something the Bride wanted worn at her wedding.  I bought my BM's shoes.
    Stacie
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-with-an-issue-or-am-i-overreacting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:169d5d24-da0d-44c6-a7dd-05ec8d7935d9Post:9b68d71a-8b1c-4cfd-a5de-d60ab510fdc9">Re: BM with an issue or am I overreacting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BM with an issue or am I overreacting? : I disagree.  I think anything given to the BM's as a nicity to way to save money is a gift.  I've received jewelry several times, but it was always something the Bride wanted worn at her wedding.  I bought my BM's shoes.
    Posted by summergirl23[/QUOTE]

But those aren't necessarily saving them money.  My BMs wore shoes and jewelry they already owned, so giving them something wouldn't have saved them a dime.  If you'd feel foolish giving it to them for their birthday or Christmas, it's not a gift, end of story.  Anything that's part of the uniform beyond the dress is the bride's responsibility to pay.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    "Re: BM with an issue... cfaszews25 Total posts: 8553 6/01 I'm not going to touch most of that long ass post, but I will say that you can't pay for the bridesmaids's hair and makeup as their gift. If it's for the wedding, then it's not really a gift. Their gifts should be something personal and not wedding related. But I will say, I think you're overreacting." I don't agree with this.... Why buy your bridesmaids some 20 30 gift that they might not even need/or like, when you can offer to pay got hair and makeup and make them feel included and special on your wedding day with you? Especially when most girls like alittle pampering.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-with-an-issue-or-am-i-overreacting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:169d5d24-da0d-44c6-a7dd-05ec8d7935d9Post:11cd542a-f866-4d14-8de4-ef1cb05a2353">Re:BM with an issue or am I overreacting?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't agree with this.... Why buy your bridesmaids some 20 30 gift that they might not even need/or like, when you can offer to pay got hair and makeup and make them feel included and special on your wedding day with you? <strong>Especially when most girls like alittle pampering.
    </strong>Posted by amongi09[/QUOTE]
    Again, not all girls do.  I consider getting my hair done to be a special kind of torture, and I don't own any makeup; I'm far from the only one of my kind.  It's not a choice between paying for part of their uniform (that they shouldn't be required to spend any money on anyway) or getting them some chintzy crap.  The gift is supposed to be an actual gift, like something you'd get them for their birthday or Christmas.  Why is that so hard to understand?

• Options
    frantastic12frantastic12 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bm-with-an-issue-or-am-i-overreacting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:169d5d24-da0d-44c6-a7dd-05ec8d7935d9Post:11cd542a-f866-4d14-8de4-ef1cb05a2353">Re:BM with an issue or am I overreacting?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I don't agree with this.... Why buy your bridesmaids some 20 30 gift that they might not even need/or like, when you can offer to pay got hair and makeup and make them feel included and special on your wedding day with you? Especially when most girls like alittle pampering.
    Posted by amongi09[/QUOTE]

Or how about just buying them something they DO need/like? 

I personally hate having my hair done by anyone other than my usual stylist, because my hair is so extremely long and thick that anyone else ususally has a hard time doing anything with it, and it looks like crap by the time the ceremony rolls around. 

Honestly, my BMs (and myself) are grown-ass women and don't need to be made to "feel included and special".  They aren't 8 years old. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards