October 2012 Weddings
Options

Married officially!

As previously posted my Oct 13th marriage turned out not to be valid so we got married in Maui, while on our honeymoon! This time it is official, it's just that we have to wait so long to get the actual license so I can change my name. For those who have to wait, are you going by your new last name or are you waiting? It wasn't an issue in Maui because I had booked the room under my maiden name so that was what they called me although H got called by my last name!

Re: Married officially!

• Options
    I didn't begin using my new last name until I filed with the social security office, filed my license, and updated my license - did it at the bank too. I am trying to use it artwork, but I'm n an odd feeling limbo (for my legalistic self) . Work won't accept the printed confirmation - I have to wait on my card to change my name officially!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    First off, congrats! I haven't submitted anything to change my name yet because I just have had no time. I'm currently going by my married name socially and my maiden name at work.
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • Options
    Congratulations!

I'm "still unofficial" since I haven't received our marriage certificate yet. We've been married 3 weeks, yesterday. It's driving me nuts waiting for it in the mail.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    I guess I was pretty quick changing mine. We got back from our honeymoon Thursday afternoon, I went Friday to pick up the marriage certificate and drove the hour to the social security admin office because I knew once I went back to work I wouldn't have the opportunity since its so far away. Our drivers license place is only open T, W and TH so I went Tuesday to get my license updated and updated it at work and the bank as well. So far that's everywhere I've updated. I need to see if verizon can update my name as well as the credit cards I have...other than that I'm not sure where else.. I do have to change my tag registration on my car to my new county and once I get the title to my now paid for car go get my name changed on it as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards