Missouri-Kansas City

**Knottie of the Week: whitneykaye87**

1. Your name & FI's name:
2. Ages (met/married):
3. Do you like FI's last name? Are you "taking" it?
4. Where were you born (city/state)?
5. Where do you live currently? (city and/or state)?
6. Where did you go to college?
7. Do you root for any college/professional teams?
8. What was your major?
9. What is your current job?
10. What is your dream job?
11. How did you and your fiance meet?
12. When did you get engaged and how did he do it??
13. When is the Wedding Day? Is there a special reason for this date?
14. Where is the ceremony and reception?
15. What are your wedding colors?
16. Where are you honeymooning?
17. Favorite wedding vendor so far?
18. Biggest wedding splurge?
19. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?
20. Is there another knottie's wedding you'd like to attend?
21. Favorite book?
22. Favorite movie?
23. Favorite tv show?
24. Favorite wedding dress designer?
25. Any advice you can give?
26. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?
27. Share something about yourself!!

Re: **Knottie of the Week: whitneykaye87**

• edited December 2011
    1. Your name & FI's name:  Whitney and Jake

2. Ages (met/married):  Met:  18 & 19, Married:  23&24

3. Do you like FI's last name? Are you "taking" it?  Yep.  No real reason why or why not... I guess I just want to.  :)

4. Where were you born (city/state)?  Born and raised here in KCMO!

5. Where do you live currently? (city and/or state)?  Same

6. Where did you go to college?  I did undergrad at Mizzou.  Now I'm a med student at KU Med

7. Do you root for any college/professional teams?  Go Tigers! 

8. What was your major?  Biology (Lame, I know) 

9. What is your current job?  Student

10. What is your dream job?  One that pays off my loans!  But really, I think a pediatric cardiologist would be my number one choice right now.

11. How did you and your fiance meet?  He lived down the hall in the dorm my freshman year at Mizzou.  Our first encounter was when he locked himself out of his room with no shoes or shirt.  Ha!  Great first impression.  But we were friends for a while before we dated since we were both in serious relationships.

12. When did you get engaged and how did he do it??  June 13, 2009.  He sent me around town on 'The Amazing Race' to celebrate my birthday (I was out of town on my actual birthday).  The last clue I got was to go to the JC Nichols Fountain, where he said we could take a walk before dinner.  When we got to the fountain, he said he had one more present for me, and that I should turn around and count to three.  When I turned back around, he was on one knee!  Complete surprise!  *sigh*

13. When is the Wedding Day? Is there a special reason for this date?  June 26, 2010.  Jake picked it (and I love it) because I'm off school for the summer and it's exactly between our birthdays- I'm May 26 and he is July 26.

14. Where is the ceremony and reception?  Ceremony is at our churcy- St. Peter United Methodist in Blue Springs.  Reception- Adams Pointe Golf Club

15. What are your wedding colors?  Gold and Black

16. Where are you honeymooning?  Maui!!!  I'm definitely more excited for the HM than the wedding!

17. Favorite wedding vendor so far?  I think our photographer- Jim Powers.  He's so fun to work with and I loved our E photos.

18. Biggest wedding splurge?  ?  we're not splurging much.  I guess booze at the reception

19. What is something you wish you could have at the wedding but don't?  not really.  We're pretty low key people

20. Is there another knottie's wedding you'd like to attend?  All of them!  Everyone has such awesome ideas!

21. Favorite book?  Only one?  That's way too tough!  I love reading, although now I only read medical textbooks.  :(

22. Favorite movie?  Also too hard to pick!

23. Favorite tv show?  Big Bang Theory! 

24. Favorite wedding dress designer?  I guess I'll say David's Bridal since that's where I ended up getting mine. 

25. Any advice you can give?  Keep things in perspective when planning.  Try to remember that the day is about the start of your marriage and that's what matters the most.

26. Anything you wish you could change about your wedding?  Invite more people!  We cut a lot out, but in the end it'll be nice.

27. Share something about yourself!!  I love running!  And I waste entirely too much time on TK!

Edit: 
    Ok... so I realize that my answer from 'share something about yourself' was pretty lame, but in my defense I was about to run out the door.

So to expand on it a little, yes I do actually like running, and not just because it keeps me in shape.  I enjoy it so much that I'm doing the KC marathon next October and I can't freaking wait!  FI is running the half (we did that together last year).

Will any of you be there?
  • edited December 2011
    I love that you're doing black and gold as your colors!!!!  I wanted to do that originally (Mizzou alum for my BA and MA) but then changed to fall colors.  I am planning a spectacular Mizzou inspired entrance at the reception.  I also picked my date because there isn't a football game that weekend.  FI thinks I'm crazy!  M-I-Z!
  • edited December 2011
    Z-O-U!

Ha!  You're not crazy at all!  The colors were FI's idea.  We went to a fancy schmancy reception once with the alumni association where the dress code was 'dressy black and gold.'  I guess he decided it looked really nice and that's what he wanted.  No complaints from me!  :)

What's your Mizzou inspired entrance?  I'm intrigued...
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My BFF is also in med school and planning a wedding - I don't know how you gals do it but I thnk you're crazy and awesome at the same time!! ;-) How much longer do you have?

Your proposal story is so sweet! Has FI been pretty involved/enjoying the planning process?

Your colors sound very classy - are you having an evening wedding?

I agree, I hate picking favroites because there are too many of them and BBT rocks!
  • edited December 2011
    Hammy- I'm finishing my first year right now.  It's awful most of the time, but planning has actually been a fun distraction when I get too bogged down with school. 

FI has been wonderful about planning everything.  We've made almost all decisions together (except flowers- he truly didn't care), although I did most of the research before.  He helped with invitations and got the tuxes sorted out when the manager at Men's Warehouse got confused about what we were doing.  (Good thing because I was about to have a major bridezilla moment in the store)

I don't think I've met anyone yet who doesn't love Big Bang Theory.  It's so freaking awesome!  I think I like it extra because I know people exactly like that from my days in the chemistry fraternity!
  • edited December 2011
    My Mizzou inspired entrance keeps morphing but the WP and FI and I will enter the reception to "Eye of the Tiger" and I will be wearing my signature tiger tail and ears.  FI is down with wearing the tiger head baseball cap we have but my mom thinks I'm going overboard with that.  I was also at one point thinking of giving my BMs black and gold pon poms and the GM foam fingers. I'm also thinking of using two stuffed Trumans as the RB pillows.  Then the boys could keep them as gifts.   
  • edited December 2011

Maui is so awesome! You'll absolutely love it! Where are you staying? I went there for a close family member's wedding two summers ago. I told my FI that he gets to plan the honeymoon (and I secretly hope we go there!).

I think it's pretty funny that you're an MU girl going to KU now! Good luck with that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go Tigers!  Black and gold will look awesome.  FI and I are Mizzou alums as well!  I was in Marching Mizzou and at a friend's wedding some of my friends brought their instruments and played the Missouri Waltz and the fight songs.  It was awesome. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Engutshall- that sounds like a lot of fun!  I'm sure it will be well received, especially if you have other Mizzou fans there!

Cebw29- we're staying at a resort in Lahaina (sp?).  FI did all the HM stuf, and that's where he wanted to go.  He's been to Maui twice, and this will be my first trip.  Can't wait!  BTW- I know he booked through apple vacations online when they were having a special, and we got an amazing price.  You might keep your eye on them.  And yeah, I catch a lot of crap at school for my alma mater.  But I make sure to wear black and gold anytime we win.  :)

Opieslady- that's so fun that friends brought their instruments!  That's be awesome.  FI and I were tossing around the idea of playing the fight song either as we left the altar or for our entrance.  It'd be so much cooler live!  Maybe they'll do that for you guys too?  If that's your thing, of course.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards