October 2012 Weddings
Options

When to schedule fitting

Long story short, I've already had three fittings. For whatever reason, the bridal shop had me start them right after my dress came in, back in February. At the third fitting no changes had been made since the second fitting. Luckily this time the owner was working with me and said it was fine since my wedding wasn't until October and that I'd come in again about a month before the wedding. I was very happy with this because I felt that it was early for alterations anyway and felt sort of hurried into them. Especially since the store would only let me go two weeks between fittings when I still had 7 months to go! The only alterations needed were to shorten the hem and take in the bust. The dress fit a little snug so I've been working out and eating better just to have a little wiggle room. Now I'm thinking about scheduling the last fitting. I'm thinking about scheduling it three weeks before the wedding but I'm worried about going in and finding out alterations from the second fitting haven't been done yet or that I've lost too much weight and that it'll be slipping down. Should I try going in sooner? I would just ask the bridal shop but honestly my confidence with them is all but gone. They've done a good job on what's been done, but their customer service could use some work.

Re: When to schedule fitting

• Options
    I would think three weeks would give you enough time... If you're still fitting into the same clothes at home, then I'm sure any alterations wouldn't be severe enough that it couldn't be done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just had my first fitting yesterday.  She is going to do a little bit of work to it and told me to come back for the 2nd fitting at the very beginning of September.  This will be a little more than 4 weeks from the wedding, (10/11), but since we are leaving on 10/6, it gives her a month to get anything else done that needs to get done.  I would go at about 4 weeks out.  That way you will know that there is definitely enough time to get any final alterations done.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I would go in at least a month out from the day that you want to have your dress back.  I think 3 weeks may be cutting it a little close.
    dscf4745-2
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I went ahead and scheduled it today for Sept 6, exactly 1 month from the wedding! The girl on the phone was surprised I'd already had alterations so far back. Someone there must know a thing or two. Feeling better to have it on the calendar!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards