African American Weddings

Think I have a check? Your opinion on my BM dress

I emailed my BMs/sisters 3 dresses to choose from. I wanted it to be short because 1. my sisters are young (19 and 20) and 2. I really do want them to be able to wear them again. They chose, and I'm really happy to get this done but then today I wondered if this dress won't match mine. Not that it needs to, but I hear it needs to match the level of formality. This will be a semi-formal affair. Here's their dress
Sorry if it's small, it's David's Bridal f44559

Here's mine

That one is style # 9wg3217

So what do y'all think? Do I need to pick something more formal?
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Think I have a check? Your opinion on my BM dress

• edited December 2011
    I think they go well together. You can also address the look through the use of accessories so if the dress doesn't quite cute it, add some jewelry or another accessory that takes the dress to a different level. HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker www.derilandtekoah.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am screaming and jumping! I love your dress SO MUCH!!!! It's gorgeous.

As for the BM dress, I'm a little biased because I'm not a fan of short dresses except in the summer and maybe for an afternoon wedding (but I realize that's not a wedding rule). I do like the BM dress a lot, but I can see your concern about the formality not matching. I think yours is more formal, theirs is more party-ish.

I have the same concern because my sisters are all really short (4'11" to 5'3") and I don't want to have them drowning in a floor-length dress, and I want them to be able to wear them again, since they're all very social. But I just don't think a short dress will work with the type of gown I'm looking for.

Idk. I'm kinda stuck. But yeah, did I mention your gown is awesome?!!!
  • edited December 2011
    You know, on second thought (I just looked at a bigger pic of the dress) I think it will work nicely. Especially since the girls are young, I think they'll work it well. I would pay special attention to the shoes, though, as well as the hair and accessories.
  • edited December 2011

That BM dress is hot! I love it and I sure they will be able to wear it again.  It doesn't really go with your dress, but IMO, it doesn't have to.  You are the bride and your dress should be different than theirs. 

• MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it! It's cute and if you want it to be more formal then accesories will do the trick!
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks teamUS! I definitely have some accessory shopping to do. Sigh.
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry, didn't see the other responses before. Thanks! I know it really doesn't go, so I just have to find something super-formal for jewelry. That won't break the bank.
  • edited December 2011
    BTW, I just thought of something for the "future wearability" subject. Many dresses can be cut and hemmed to become cocktail dresses or even party dresses. Think about that, too. If you ever have second thoughts about it, consider getting something formal and making sure it's a dress that can be cut at/above the knee for future use.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it works well together.  I do think that the girls need to have some HOT shoes to dress it up more.  But hey I'm shoe girl so I may be bias. LOL 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards