Illinois-Chicago

Maps for Save the dates

I'm planning a Key West wedding and thought it would be cute to have the map of Key west for the Save the date....has anyone made these or know of a place to purchase them?

THanks

Re: Maps for Save the dates

• edited December 2011
    I think a lot of Etsy sellers will do custom maps for you. It could be a good place to look unless you want to do it yourself in like photoshop or something.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • edited December 2011
    For custom maps, weddingmapper has a good tutorial.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I could probably make you one next week depending on what all you want on it? email me at davidsonbell@gmail.com with details if you're interested. I'm a student finishing my senior year in graphic design and I could probably make something up for you no problem if you want?
  • edwinajonedwinajon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine done by Crystal Kluge - you may have seen her work commercially or at PaperSource.  Highly recommend her - we worked via phone and email and she was very responsive in the editing process.  I provided her with my invitation and she took my invite style and mimicked it for the map insert.

I ended up commissioning her to do the one color map (she also does watercolor maps) and then I went to a local printer to get them printed up  - alternatively, you can print them out yourself! 

Check out her blog and you will see samples of her work!
  • edited December 2011
    edwinajon, her stuff is so cute! I was just checking out her site and blog, really cool!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • edited December 2011
    I just did mine after using the weddingmapper tutorial.  I have an art background and extensive layout and design experience, so I opted to use Adobe Illustrator instead of MicrosoftWord.  It took me about an hour and a half to make the file, and then I went to Hobby Lobby for the paper and printed them from my computer.  All in all, it only took a few hours...fairly painless.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards