Wisconsin
Options

Silver Spring Country Club

Hi All-

Has anyone used the Silver Spring Country Club for their reception?  How did you like it?  Were they easy to work with?  Any experiences would help us!

-Erin

Re: Silver Spring Country Club

• Options
    SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've not been to a wedding there, but I can tell you that that is where we had our Senior Ball back in 2004.  It was okay, but I wasn't wowed.  The food was pretty average, nothing spectacular and I thought it was kind of bland, but the one thing I clearly remember is that the room was freezing!!  I wouldn't have thought that possible with upwards of 150 high school seniors crammed in there but, oh well. 

Of course, this is just my opinion and your mileage may vary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the thoughts!  I think the room is really pretty but I had a feeling I the food and things might be average.  I am concerned about how accommodating they are which is why I was asking as well...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our September wedding ceremony and reception and rehearsal dinner there,  everything was great.  We did the rooftop ceremony and then used La Par for the reception.  Did the food stations with New Orleans and Mexican options, I thought the food was good and I heard positive things from the guests.  The Mexican option was was a big hit, people loved the nacho/taco/fajita bar.  Fish Fry is awesome.

Overall, I thought they were easy to work with, but I stayed on top of following up with them.  I exchanged emails with Kelsey very easily, with other people, it was easier to call them.  I think as long as you're proactive and talk with them about what you want, they are very willing to do this for you.

If you have other questions, email me at chenny555@gmail.com
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We have our reception booked there for our wedding this August. They have been great to work with so far and very accommodating.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am glad everyone has had positive experiences for your sakes.  Unfortunately, we were not so lucky. 

We had met with Kelsey and decided we loved the room.  We wanted to do a bit more number crunching before we committed to anything to which she said, "That's no problem we can hold the room for you."  We told her we were concerned because we were leaving out of the country for the week and could she hold it until the Monday after we got back?  She said she could do that for us and to just call her when we got back.  Fast forward to that Monday, we called to let her know we'd be coming to sign the contract only to find out they released our hold without so much as even trying to contact us, and sent a contract to someone else for our date while we were gone.  When we voiced our upset they made us feel as though we were inconveniencing them.  Never once did they ask what they could do to accommodate us, express an apology or accept any responsibility for what happened.  They were completely rude and uncaring.  What is most upsetting is, we would have signed for the room before we left had we known they didn't want holds placed on it!  Basically they lied to us from the start.  It appears even if they tell you point blank you have the room held, if a "better" opportunity presents itself, they will take it upon themselves to betray you in the name of profit. Brides beware!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards