Ohio-Northeast
Options

McKinley Grand or Stan Hywet

Any one used the McKinley Grand or Stan Hywet for ceremony or receptions?  Looking for a place to do both the ceremony and reception. Would love to have a ceremony outdoors and possibly reception as well. Already have information from Gervasi Vineyard, another possible location in Canton, Ohio. Thanks for any input you can share.

Re: McKinley Grand or Stan Hywet

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that Stan Hywet only holds like 50 people for their receptions. But, if that's around how many people you're having I think it's a really pretty place to get married.

I'm getting married at McKinley Grand and it is a MUCH bigger space. Stan Hywet and McKinley Grand are pretty much on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as size goes. I think they are both gorgeous places, but if you want to be outside for the ceremony and you are having a wedding with a smaller guest list then Stan Hywet might be the way to go.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    missmis99missmis99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Stan Hywet and even though it was beautiful, keep in mind that it is not air conditioned.  The wedding I went to was in July and was VERY hot.  The guests were miserable.  No one stayed afterwards.  We all wanted to leave ASAP to get into a/c.  I think it ranks as one of the worst weddings I went to b/c of that.  So, it depends on when your wedding is.
    my read shelf:
    Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to one of the Bridal shows at McKinley and to be honest with you I was NOT impressed with the food.  Now, we have gone to Gervasi just for their wine tastings and it is ABSOLUTLEY GORGEUS and when I think they get the wedding pavilion up it will be beautiful too.   One other place  you want to think aobut is La Pizzaria.  I believe they have an outdoor patio and Terri is wonderful (we are doing a small reception about 30 people) and the purple room is beautiful.

just some thoughts.  I would go for GERVASI
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    McKinley Grand is better then Stan Hywet. I was just at a wedding where there was no air conditioning and it was miserable. It just happened to be 80 degrees out that day.  I'm getting married next September and checked out Gervasi also, Just make sure you know that nothing is included in the rental price. All of your linens and chairs and everything else has to be rented for an additional fee. It becomes VERY pricey. We decided on Glenmoor the package deal was better then all of the other places we looked at.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards