Illinois-Chicago

Non-City Fall themed outdoor engagement pics locations?

Hi ladies:

The fiance and I are getting our engagement shots done the first Sunday in October.  Any suggestions for where we could go?  The fiance is no fan of the city, and we're both super into fall things.  We kicked around Sunny Acres in West Chicago, but that place gets so mobbed on weekends.  Any pumpkin patches, apple orchards, fall type places in the burbs you might be able to suggest? 

Thanks!
Seriously, people. If your faith in humanity is destroyed because your parents told you there was a Santa Claus and as it turns out there is no Santa Claus, you are an ignorant, hypersensitive cry baby with absolutely zero perspective. - UnderwaterRhymes

Re: Non-City Fall themed outdoor engagement pics locations?

• http://www.pumpkinfarms.com/

http://www.didierfarms.com/

These are both fairly large pumpkin places, but like most, will be busy most weekends.  Goebberts is easy because it is right off the expressway.  If you don't mind the suburbs, and are simply looking for fall scenery, you might want to consider downtown Long Grove.  I would think many of the forest preserves would be nice as well.  Lakewood Preserve in Wauconda and Independence Grove in Libertyville are really pretty.  Busse Woods, especially Ned Brown Forest Preserve, has a lot of ponds and bridges.  It is right off of Higgins as well.

• Do you have a preference for general suburb area north, nw, west, far west, sw, or south? It would make it easier to suggest places. Also, before deciding make sure that the location doesn't require a permit to take photos there or anything like that.
  • katherine Legge is a really nice place to have fall pictures taken, its kinda woodsy. or Lake Katherine is really nice, they keep up with seasonal flowers. the arboritum is nice too, but im not sure how far you would have to travel. katherine legge is in hindsdale. Lake katherine is in palos hights.
  • I would suggest Graue Mill in Hinsdale. It has a working waterwheel and is right on the Salt Creek.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards