Rhode Island
Options

HELP! Need to find a location - weekend experience, beach setting

hoping that someone can help with ideas. my fiance and i got engaged mid-December. we are thinking of maximum 80 people at our wedding. i really want to make it a whole weekend experience for our guests. where i am struggling is that we want either a beach/outdoor ceremony and reception. we have looked at several locations in the newport area, but none of them are just perfect. we want to get married this summer (2011), so time is running out to book something. i also would prefer not to spend the equivalent of a down payment on a house. we want casual elegant. looking for either Rhode Island, Cape Cod or Carribbean or Mexico.

HELP!!!
xo, stressed out bride

Re: HELP! Need to find a location - weekend experience, beach setting

• Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you check out Fort Adams The North Lawn in Newport...I had my wedding there and it was fabulous....outdoors, on the water, 12 meter sailboats and the Newport Bridge as your backdrop.  I had guest from KY/NV/IN/DC, etc and they were blown away by the view.
  • Options
    Kelly8JellyKelly8Jelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try Regatta Place?  Others that sound fitting Yachting Center and Atlantic Beach club?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shining Tides in Mattapoisett, MA is really pretty too.
  • Options
    Emma428Emma428 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Hyatt in Newport. I am getting married there this summer and the reason we fell in love with it was the views Breathtaking. We also loved the idea that it is a hotel almost resortish. Ton of ammenities and perfect for out of towners. The wedding staff there is also amazing. 
    Good luck : ) 
  • Options
    BananaSDBananaSD member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is pricey, but have you checked out Belle Mer in Newport?  Absolutely beautiful!  Try for a Friday or sunday wedding if you can too to save $$.
  • Options
    lwolf2001lwolf2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hyatt has an outdoor pavilion. I got married there, and it was amazing!!
  • Options
    lwolf2001lwolf2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hyatt has an outdoor pavilion. I got married there, and it was amazing!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @lwolf2001 - did you have any trouble with wind in the outdoor pavilion? i just worry about it being on the water at night. Also, did you encounter a lot of geese poop? i know it sounds random, but I heard that from another venue while I was looking. Do you have pictures of your wedding that you could share? I am really hoping that this gets worked out soon since it is MAJORLY stressful. thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards