July 2013 Weddings
Options

photographer

Hey brides!

I got my dress from David's bridal and while there they talked about the photography package it looked reasonable and the pics looked ok. I have been researching photographers and met with one yesterday and his pics were amazing and of course his prices are double.

Have you all experienced the photography info session at David's? ? How did you choose your photographer??
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: photographer

• Options
    I had the photographer picked out before I had a ring! :) She did FH's cousin's wedding and their pictures turned out so well I knew I had to have her someday. 
  • Options
    We picked ours based on WOM and here on TK. Ive heard nothing good about the photogrsphers from DB, sorry Im of no help.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've never heard of DB doing pictures... odd.

We chose our photographer because we had an instant connection with her, loved her work, and her price was within our budget.

I hear all the time how photography is one of the most important elements of your day because it's really the only tangible thing you get to keep! In my opinion, it's worth a splurge if you can afford it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We found ours from a friend. She works with him and had seen his work. I looked him up and he does amazing work! Plus it was UNDER budget. No info on DB photogs. Sorry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Options
    Its a long story how I picked my photographer, but I found her website and she is a mutual friend of one of our GM and officiant. My favorite vendor yet! I would think if DB offers services, they are a third party and they arrange the o ntract, then outsource the job to a local provided, much like geogia street with TK. With this system, geogia street may show you photos from a photogrpaher that may not be the photogrpher that shows up to your wedding. Have not heard great things about it. So would say look for your photographer indepently so that you know who you are dealing with upfront.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Thank you ladies so much.  Now to convince him that its about the connection and quality.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:999c4d0b-9207-4309-a864-cd9f21502318Post:38ccab41-95a2-4910-a802-70cfe3aabbb0">Re: photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you ladies so much.  Now to convince him that its about the connection and quality.
    Posted by MrsWinstead13[/QUOTE]

Exactly this! Connection is HUGE....you're going to be spending a lot of your day with your photographer so I think it's really important that you feel comfortable with them - if not, it will show in your pictures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The photographer was the first vendor we booked. She was out of our price range but when we met with her we just clicked, and her work was amazing. I was down to pay her fees from the get go but it was FI that needed to be convinced.

She also ended up giving us a great deal on the package. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards