Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Cake pricing

To save money, we decided to get a regular wedding cake, but have sheet cake in the back as well. We're inviting about 150 people - how many serving should be in the "real" cake?

Re: Cake pricing

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How big did you want the cake? Did you have a number of tiers in mind? You can either say I know I want 3 tiers and it will serve X amount of people or you could say I want a cake that serves 50 people and will have X amount of tiers.

We are getting a 4 tier cake with the two middle tiers fake and it serves 80ppl.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The below chart tells you how many servings you can get out of round and square cakes.  Talk to your bakery, they will help you pick the right size cake/kitchen cake for your budget.

http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-wedding-cake-2-inch-pans.cfm

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would talk to your baker and see how their sizes work.  We are also doing sheet cake in the back.  Cake for a total of 170, it made the most sense to have our layer 2nd from the bottom be real (serves 70), with a 100 slice sheet cake in the back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also having a sheet cake in the back. I know for us, a 3 tier cake (hexagon in shape) if cut properly serves 84. I emhasize if cut properly because if you have ever looked at how they decide how many servings are in a cake, it's is pretty crazy how they expect you to cut the cake. We are coughing up the money and paying the hotel to cut the cake to hopefully help with this situation some. That being said, we are still having 184 servings of cake for an estimated 140 guests. I am hoping to keep the top tier of the cake for the next day. (we will see if this happens of not)
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We our haveing a 2 or maybe a 3 tier wedding cake all put togeter for ours will be on a old cake stand and a sheet cake in the our kitchen their know in the back lol...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards