Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Let's start HH a little early...

I just got back from walking outside at lunch, and it is gorgeous out- I'd much rather be sitting on a patio sipping a yummy drink that sitting at my box of a desk w/o any windows nearby. Right now I am craving a margarita- I never get them, but love them.

So let's start happy hour a little early...what are you dying for right now? (Just trying to liven the board up a bit and see if anyone's around!)

Re: Let's start HH a little early...

• Options
    phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could def. go for a mojito! Hate that Pittsburgh doesn't have any authentic Cuban restaurants (or even Puerto Rican for that matter)...Love going home to Philly as Cuba Libre is one of my favorite restaurants there. They make some of the best mojitos I've ever had.

Kim-your "margarita" also looks muy deliciosa!
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would kill for a margarita right about now. Instead I am drinking coffee!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely an XL Margarita!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here.  I am beyond stressed.  House offer is being presented, school is ending, I need to be working.  And DH jsut proposed this hairbrained-makes-me-so-mad idea. He wants to go home (1000 miles) to help his brother pour a garage slab.  Thereare like 45 male relatives including 2 other brothers, that live less than 20 miles from the garage site.  It will cost us approximately $200 in gas, plus meals, etc if he goes, and I won;t see him for 2 weeks since he would leave from baltimore, go home, then return to baltimore.  I only get to see DH on the weekends.  I couldn't go with him without driving to baltimore myself and then riding along, which is 12 hours straight in a car. Not worth it.  Is it wrong I'm peeved???!? 

(this same brother bought a 15K snowmobile last year, then asked us to borrow money to pay his health insurance premium...which we lent him). 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ughh, I'd be so pissed too! That doesn't even make sense that he wants to go help last-minute, esp. since there are others around. Sounds like you need an extra large drink! I hope your weekend gets better (and that he doesn't go, for the sake of $ and your sanity!)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    the weekend has yet to be determined so it's not this weekend thank God.  I am not having a fancy dinner for law school graduation to save money for moving (if that happens), and here he wants to waste all this gas money.  I feel my achievements are far better recognized with the money we worked hard to earn then help his brother.  Like I said, I'm an only child so maybe I don't get it but grrr....I have done like no work since I got to the office because I'm so agitated about everything.  I need an XXXXL drink :-D Like in the size of my sparkler table glasses
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I see, I thought it was this weekend- I was going to say, that is really last min. I'm also an only child, so maybe we have different perspectives, but yours makes sense to me! DH loaned this brother $1,000 (before we even met), and still has not seen that money- we've been together for almost 5 years now. I know he'll never see it, and it makes me really angry! I try to stay out of it though, since it's not my money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's hard I think because we've worked so hard to get where we are.  DH has a msaters and I'm about to have a doctorate in 2 weeks, and this particular brother barely graduated from high school.  So yes, we make more money, but darn it, i work hard for it.  Brother just skates on by....IL's bought brother his house, and didn't even give us a wedding gift.  So why should I help him out/lose time with DH?
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards