May 2012 Weddings
Options

Invitations...uh oh

About a week ago my mom order the invitations I liked and told her to just go head and do the wording because I live 3 hours away from her. So yesterday she got the invitations and me being so excited I drove down to see them. Well I look at them and there are few mistakes and I am so worried. She already signed the papers that said everything was okay so we can't send them back. First of all, at the top I wanted it to say "Today two hearts are joined as one" but instead it says "Today our hearts are joined as one" which to me doesn't make anysense because the we are not putting on the wedding my parents are so does that mean their hearts are joined as one. I don't know maybe I am over reacting which could be possible. Secondly ,she forgot to put on the invitation "reception to follow". It is on our website which we included a seperate card for but not everyone is going to visit the website. Will people know? Sorry with less than 3 months away I am starting to freak out about things. 
image 204 Invited
image 148 Are ready to party!
image 56 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Invitations...uh oh

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about those...honestly, we printed about 10 without the church name or address on them, and didnt have spares, so we just sent those to people who already know where it is (family that lives in the town...and theres only one church). People honestly dont read our invitations for imperfections, they read them for the info on them, so as long as that is there its fine if it says we instead of 2 hearts IMO. I would probably include a "reception card" just to let peopel know there is one and they are invited to it..(and where and what time it is exactally), seems like it might be easier/cheaper then redoing the whole invites. (Maybe have reception info on one side and website info on the otherside of the same card???)

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    Don't stress out.  I know you want everything perfect, but most people won't notice those details.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree with toothpastechica, the wording is not a big deal and I would just leave it.  I would include a reception card though so people know about the reception.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't stress about the "our hearts" typo. I don't think people will notice it, so don't let it bother you too much :) I would definitely add a reception card letting people know that there is a reception following the ceremony. That way, you won't be worried about whether or not people know about the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Toothpastechica took the words out of my mouth. Lol. Great idea. Good luck.
  • Options
    I agree. Dont' stress...I don't think anyone will notice the "heart" thing. As for the reception...I think most people expect one...if you're really worried, have the moms spread it by word of mouth....

Does your RSVP card say something about the reception? (like a meal choice or something />?) -- if so, then people will know there will a reception.
    Anniversary
  • Options

Those are minor mistakes, that no one will notice except you.  At least the most important details are there.

Don't stress.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_invitationsuh-oh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:cbed220e-c537-4c03-b3bc-2f70c544479fPost:1d300254-0009-4edf-8d2f-2c0a262ed0a0">Re: Invitations...uh oh</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't stress about the "our hearts" typo. I don't think people will notice it, so don't let it bother you too much :) I would definitely add a reception card letting people know that there is a reception following the ceremony. That way, you won't be worried about whether or not people know about the reception.
    Posted by dori851[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree. </div>
  • Options
    I wouldnt notice as a guest. I dont think anyone scrutinizes details that much except the bride, ya know?
  • Options
    I wouln't worry about it. The important information is correct and honestly I think that's all the guests will really pay attention to anyway :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards