Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Vent: Friends

There used to be a big group of us, and since, they have kind of split in two, and I'm one of the only people that is still friends with both groups. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle so much. I used to plan all these outings, and I just can't anymore because I don't know which group I should be inviting, because I can't invite both together anymore, and I don't have the kind of money to do everything twice!
Lately, between this, and being the only one that lives an hour away, I feel like I'm just being left out of everything. No one really asks me to do anything, and it's not that I don't go, usually if I'm asked, I make the drive and go hang out with them, where ever they plan it. I guess I'm just bummed that it *seems* that me wanting to hang out with them, seems more important then them wanting to hang out with me. I know we are at different places in our lives, but I'm still here.... and they are still supposed to be my best friends :-/. Vent over.

Re: Vent: Friends

• Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry BP.  have you told your friends how you feel? 
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awe sorry BP, thats a bummer.
    I have a few friends like that and they aren't even an hour away...its rough...
    I decided I cant plan things that please all people and I guess Ill have to live with that.
    The people that matter will shake out in the end
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aw BP I totally know how you feel. I feel like with all my friends I'm the one who has to extend the invitation otherwise we will never hang out. it gets to be exhausting.
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't get me wrong, I have other friends who are FANTASTIC and include me... it's just basically two, that seem to just be leaving me out :-(. Pitty party for me over haha. Thanks guys. 

I haven't told them only because I know it won't change anything, if I thought it would help, I would.
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cheer-up buttercup.
    I know those two feel like a huge deal but if you know saying anything wont change them...then what does that say about them?

I'd let it be and not think about it too much, I know easier said than done.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I posted about a friend like this last week. It really does suck but my mom has always told me when you get older you will be able to count your friends on one hand. I know it sounds cheesy but I am starting to realize she right.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicole is totally right, I am older than you BP and seriously I not have more friends from the knot than I do from my past. People change, and sometimes you just have to move on. I hate the one sided friendships. I also live kinda far from people and they act like its a burden to drive to my house to see me. Like I live in another state. So stupid. Dont let it get to you that much though. :)
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    B2B is home!!!!

And like always offering up A+ advice
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BP I know exactly how you feel.  I had such a hard time after graduating college as most of my group of friends live in North Jersey or NY.  I tried so hard to keep in touch but it was so 1 sided.  I was really depressed about it for a long time.  I still get sad when I see they've been hanging out (most are still my FB friends).  This is part of the reason I'm not huge into FB.  I just have come to realize that if they don't want to friendship to work then they are not worth my effort either.  Cheer up!  I'll be your friend!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the love/support guys. I just hate that I try so hard to include everyone, then other people plan other crap and leave me out. I appreciate the advice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be your friend! ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_vent-friends?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:690c0169-9974-4310-b511-44442611839ePost:7d08edaf-40d4-4174-a7b6-557124e46c2b">Re: Vent: Friends</a>:
    [QUOTE]B2B is home!!!! And like always offering up A+ advice
    Posted by CaitC21[/QUOTE] haha awe thanks Cait, I try :)   And  BP I will be your friend too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards