Florida-West Coast

New and Need Venue

Hello!
My fiance and I are currently looking for a venue. To be honest we've only looked at a few places so far, but we are both at the point of being overwhelmed ALREADY! Why is this so hard? I feel as if I have developed OCD. I notice every little thing that's wrong with the place and it totally turns me off. LOL!
I need help! Any suggestions for a venue from you ladies that have gotten married recently or have picked out a venue? We want something affordable, vintagey, by the water, and that offers an outdoor ceremony space. We've looked at The Rusty Pelican, Grand Hyatt TB, Sheraton Riverwalk, and the Hyatt Regency. We are now planning to look at the Vinoy. Any reviews?
Thank you a million times!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New and Need Venue

• mpgatormpgator member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi! The venue is the hardest to pick. I am having mine at the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. Alexis is really great to work wtih and there are SO many great photo ops there. You might also like the Tampa Marriott Waterside which is right on the water too. We were deciding btwn those two. We went with the Hyatt because of the crazy cost at Marriott for guests to park. I see a lot of people getting married at Tampa Bay Watch on this board, but the location wasn't ideal for us. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Marriott Waterside if you want a hotel it is a great option. The Powel Crosley is another beautiful choice and it has most of your requirements. If you're considering the Vinoy you should also look at the Don Cesar. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Look at Tampa Bay Watch. It is not a hotel, but it offers what you are looking for.

It allows you to bring in all of your own vendors, including alcohol. The price seems steep, but you save so much not being tied down to their vendors. Plus Laura, the girl who runs it, is amazing!!

OH and your rental fee goes back into their non-profit that helpes conserve the Bay and do marine education for kids!

We are getting married in October 2011 and looked at all the same places as you, but this place was our perfect fit!
  • edited December 2011
    I am personally getting married at the Rusty pelican b/c we wanted something with a view and remain within budget. But the Marriot waterside is beautiful and very nice it was just out of our price range b/c we loved the terrace outside and they wanted a lot to get married outside. You could also look at the David Island garden club it is right on the water.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I went to wedding at rusty in April and was SO impressed with what you get for the price.  The view was gorgeous, the options were limitless, and the food was amazing. Also, as a member of the wedding party and future bride I noticed the attention to detail the staff gave the wedding i was in. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • elixandreaelixandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for your responses. The Tampa Bay Watch sounds great! I've convinced my love to try to negotiate with the Vinoy. Apparently I was looking at the wrong price list when I convinced both of us to fall in love with the place.

Larissa-and-Pat
    We went and looked at the Rusty Pelican today actually. I love that it's rustic and super affordable.You cannot beat those packages! Plus everyone is professional and just good energy. Mr. Fiance does not like the place though-the reason I took to this board. Will update tomorrow on the Vinoy!

Have a great night and a happy Monday!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Check out Mirror Lake Lyceum, you'll love it!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards