Michigan-Northern

Help finding a venue

Hello All,

My fiance and I are planning a wedding for Summer 2012 and getting to the point where we have a shortlist of potential venues, most of which are in Northern Michigan.
I was looking a few weeks back at potential venues and found one that I loved! Not sure why but apparently I did not bookmark it, which I do EVERYTHING that could possibly be an idea for our wedding. After weeding desperately through my entire history of the last month, I cannot find it, so PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me if you can. I will also be posting this on the Grand Rapids board.

I was mainly looking at the venue for a reception and cannot recall if it also had ceremony space. There was a possibility of having a tented reception and I believe they had options for very large tented receptions. The website had the floorplan for the venue and it was a main building with the tent attached by a longer, thin hallway and the tent was at the other end, effectively making it look like a barbel shape. The feel of the place was modern and light. I wish I had more details about it, but if anyone has ANY idea, please help a girl out and let me know where you think it might be.
I appreciate any and all help.
- Heidi

Re: Help finding a venue

• edited December 2011
    Hi There! I'm thinking that you may have looked at either the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa or Crystal Mountain Resort. Both have the option of a tent and will allow you both indoor and outside options. Good Luck!
    BaMaPii!
  • chelbell11chelbell11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crystal Mountain has a lot of great indoor and outdoor event space. Everything is onsite and the hotel rooms are definitely the best ones in the area!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm confused... Are you looking for a venue in Northern Michigan, or are you looking for a venue in Grand Rapids? Grand Rapids is *quite* a ways south from here...

And I guess I'm not as familiar with Crystal Mountain or Grand Traverse Resort as I thought I was, because your description didn't ring any bells for me. However, there are indeed plenty of venues around here in Petoskey(Stafford's and/or the Inn at Bay Harbor), Charlevoix(Castle Farms), and Traverse City(Grand Traverse Resort & Spa).

Good luck with your search! Hope you find what you're looking for.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards