Michigan-Northern
Options

so lost on how much stuff normally cost!!

Hi,
  My fiance and I are trying to plan our wedding and we are both so clueless on how much things should cost. We are looking for a DJ and they said 475.00 for the reception. For the Ceremony and Reception it would be 600.00 that seems like a lot to me. But not sure. I live near Iron Mountain Michigan and there aren't a lot of choices. Also is 450.00 plus gradtuity a lot for transportaion for guests and bridal party it is for two vehicles to wedding and three from wedding. I don't know were else to look for transportation for guests. What are some other ideas for ceremony music that may save us some money. Everything is adding up fast and I am so stressed and feel over my head.

Re: so lost on how much stuff normally cost!!

• Options
    I'm in Houghton and we paid $500 for four hours at the reception only. He actually played for longer than that because he did background music during dinner so it was really like 6 hours but only charged for 4. I would say either the $475 or $600 is fairly reasonable.

We just used an iPod (and recruited a friend) to run the music for the ceremony. I bought some songs off of iTunes by searching for "Wedding Prelude music" or "wedding recessional music". They had some really pretty songs that weren't too wedding-ish (which was something I didn't want).

For transportation, we carpooled in regular cars. I couldn't justify spending so much money so I managed to plan it out that we could get everyone to the church in various ways then down to 4 cars for after the reception. I recruited DD's (SO of bridal party and my pseudo brother) because we were going to the bar after pictures before the reception. That way it really didn't cost anything for transporation.

The costs can definitely add up fast so I recommend figuring out which aspects are most important to you. If you have to have the transportation for your bridal party, then splurge there but save by doing an iPod for the ceremony music.

I hope this helps! Happy planning!
  • Options
    I am getting married in Ishpeming and my Dj's base price is $2100, By far the most expensive I saw. Howver most of them were around $800-$1500. But my fiance and I decided the price didnt matter since we saw him at numerous receptions and he was great. So for us it was worth it. So i think $600 is a steal. As for transportation, we have a limo big enough to fit all of our wedding party and we have it for 5 hours and its $1000. We wont need it for 5 hours, but ohwell. We decided that we would cut costs other places for the things that were important to us (ie the great dj). We lucked out on flowers because his mom does them for weddings already. Things are really expensive, but you can and will find great deals for things too. Happy hunting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards