Canada-Ontario
Options

Question: Niagara Falls Outdoor Wedding Near Horseshoe Falls Mist in June

Hello -

I know this is specific, but my fiance and I are considering 2 wedding options in Niagara Falls during June.  If you live in taht area or have had a wedding there, we would love to hear your input as we've had conflicting opinions from our planner and the venue.  Note that we expect about 100 guests, and want a fallsview wedding which led us to these 2 options.  If you know of otehrs, let us know please :D

1) Outdoor wedding location at Sheraton Fallsview, which overlooks the Horseshoe falls.  Do you think the risk of mist is going to be so high that it'd actually blow on to terrace to make it uncomfortable (like rain) or make it so the Falls aren't visible?  Would it be too hot/humid at that time?

2) Indoor location at Sheraton on the Falls room that actually has a room with floor to ceiling windows so you can see it safely in air conditioned room and not have to worry about rain/humidity/mist.

What do you think is better and why?

Thanks for your help!
Amy

Re: Question: Niagara Falls Outdoor Wedding Near Horseshoe Falls Mist in June

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've stayed at that hotel and I don't think its close enough to mist over the outdoor terrace.  It won't be too hot in June, probably, and being so close to the falls will keep the climate moderate even in warm weather.  It sounds like a great idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it were me I'd choose option 2... but that's just me.  I'm not a fan of the humidity at all. Or you could combine the two... ceremony outdoors and the reception inside..
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_question-niagara-falls-outdoor-wedding-near-horseshoe-falls-mist-june?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:fc193683-5fae-4ca1-afbd-ba678803e810Post:daaeab44-a00a-4920-a3e7-cf5205c2927a">Re: Question: Niagara Falls Outdoor Wedding Near Horseshoe Falls Mist in June</a>:
    [QUOTE]If it were me I'd choose option 2... but that's just me.  I'm not a fan of the humidity at all. Or you could combine the two... ceremony outdoors and the reception inside..
    Posted by smellymm83[/QUOTE]

I agree with smellynm83's idea. I also would choose 2; I 'm a "better safe than sorry" person.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think mist will be much of a problem at the Sheraton, from what I remember. And I've been to Niagara plenty of times in the middle of summer (June-July) and the heat and humidity are never really stifling because of it being so close to the Falls. I think outdoor would be lovely. Just have a Plan B if it rains.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In fact, I've always found the temperature at the Falls rather cool even in the middle of summer. It should be very pleasant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Temperature/humidity/mist-wise you should be fine with the outdoor space.  But I would plan for an indoor space as a backup in case of rain, and for another option for the reception.  It might get chilly in the evening in June if people are eating outside.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would go with #2
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You really don't notice the mist unless your standing at the railing right beside the falls. We did our engagement pics at Oakes Garden Theatre which is across the road from the falls and we had a fantastic time! Mind you, it was September, so June will likely be a bit warmer. I wouldn't worry about the outdoors being a huge problem. The only thing I would be concerned about is rain.
    Photobucket

Anniversary

Buying A Home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Niagara Falls and are found our venue (not Falls view) through the Niagara Parks Commission. They are reasonably priced and also own (I think) the Oakes Garden Theatre. http://www.niagaraparksweddings.ca/

I don't think you'd have much of a problem with mist and we're having our wedding outdoors (Botanical Gardens) in July but do have a contingency plan to hold it indoors as well.

Good luck planning.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards