Military Brides
Options

Dogs in Weddings

My BF and I were talking about our wedding the other day.  He has three kids-- a daughter and two sons.  Easily the daughter would be a flower girl.  BUT! I would want to involve all the boys as ring bearers.   Here is where the pup comes in...

I have a super-cute West Highland White Terrier boy named Tango.  I have no kids myself and I consider him like one.  I was thinking having two ring bearers, one would hold one ring in a pillow and the other would walk Tango on a leash with the other ring fixed somehow. I was looking online and they have this super-cute doggie tuxeod scarf and little cuffs he could wear.

I thought this would be fun and super-cute.  He is well trained and I think this could work.  What do you guys think? A tad cheesy?

Re: Dogs in Weddings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea. A lot of people hate the idea of dogs in weddings because of allergies, accidents, fears, etc... But it's your wedding and if your dogs are an important part of your and Fi's life, I say go for it! If he is well trained and you don't worry about him dragging the kid down the aisle (lol) , just make sure you have someone to put him in his crate after the ceremony, or take him back to the hotel.

Also, ADORABLE picture!
  • Options
    lyonstmlyonstm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL thanks!!! Tango is essentially hypoallergenic (non shedding breed) so no worries about the allergies Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah the westies are great in that way. I grew up showing boarder collies and at times weimaraners.. those are some shedder.. BC hair is the worst to get out or cars and sofas because it's so fine >_<
  • Options
    LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha!

I wish I could have had Geno in our ceremony. The only thing I can tell you is that most places don't allow dogs in their buildings.

But if you were doing it in a park or a place that doesn't mind, I say go for it!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love when people involve their kids and their dogs - I think it's a cute idea. 
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

DD had her pit-bull (therapy dog) and her weiner dog in hers. I personaly couldn't beleive it when she told me! I still laugh back at that day she told me. The wedding  day went so fast I realy didn't get a good look at them and she hasn't posted pictures of them. She too had them dressed, but they didn't "carry" anything. One was the bride the other the groom even though both were females. She made sure it was ok with her church befor she went ahead with the plan. She had a bridesmaid walk them down the aisle and out the back door.

Glad she didn't have her 3 cats in it, and was half tempted to get them a pet pig as a wedding gift if they were going to state state side, along with a sign that said "Green Acres" When they get state side in a few years I will see about getting them the pig.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds cute! The only logistical issue I can think of is, what happens after the ceremony? Will the dog have a place to comfortably hang out at the reception, or will you be close enough to home to have someone drop him off?
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    lyonstmlyonstm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sarah, I honestly haven't even thought it all out that far... We don't even know where the venue is but we would have that all figured out before it happens. Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a cute idea, as long as he gets taken care of after the ceremony.. And I would reccommend having lots of lint rollers on hand.. Even non shedding breeds can shed a little!! Good Luck!! I can't wait to see pics!!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards