Illinois-Chicago
Options

Flower girl dresses

Hi- I am not a bride but need advice and thought I'd try here. I searched this board but didn't find what I was looking for, so sorry if this is redundant. 

My 2 year old is going to be a flower girl in my cousin's wedding in May, and needs a dress. My cousin and I are going to go shopping and check things out in person. Does anyone know of any stores in the area that have a good selection of flower girl dresses (preferably more than 2 designers)? 

We're mostly just trying to see what's out there and find styles we like for my daughter. We may then look online or for non-FG dresses (Easter etc.), but right now are interested in going to a bridal store. Any recommendations (or places to avoid) would be appreciated!

Re: Flower girl dresses

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking specifically for the traditional white flower girl dress, you might want to wait and look in the spring when the department stores stock their First Communion dresses.  That would offer you the largest and probably most cost friendly selection.  Some local Christian shops may carry some styles year round.

The department stores will be carrying a plethora of specialty dresses for the upcoming holidays as well.  As much as you may want to get a "jump start" on the search, you will probably find just want you want by waiting until spring and looking at the line of dresses out then.

If you want an idea right now of more traditional selections,  you may have no choice but to look at the chain stores, such as David's Bridal.
  • Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    bella bridesmaid has a bunch of flower girls dresses.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    divadancer11divadancer11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH bought her FG and RB tux/dresses from Kid Co in Spring Hill Mall in West Dundee.....with the issue of how kids grow so fast they waited until about 8 wks before the wedding and they are super cheap!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards