Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wdding Photographer... help needed

Hoping to get some help, we are looking at hiring a wedding photographer and I have looked into a few... some are really cheap like Keith Kaplan at captureproductionslv and some are more expensive. I have spoken with Deacon Tyler at Dtyler photography and he seems pretty good and the photos look great!

Has anyone used either Keith Kaplan or Deacon Tyler??

Just want to make sure Deacon is worth the extra $800!!

Re: Wdding Photographer... help needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!

Deacon is very popular on the boards, I've heard nothing but good things about him.

Check out http://mikelphotos.com/ also, amazing photos and very affordable!
  • Options
    jessicacat111jessicacat111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Im using deacon as well and he is worth the price, his work is outstanding and he is super nice and gives great advice.  I would highly recommend using him.  Good luck and congrats. :)

• Options
    bethm098bethm098 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have Deacon Tyler as our photographer, I think he would be a good choice..   Happy holidays everyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I 'm  using Deacon Tyler also.  He is super sweet and i love his work, We  Cant wait to work with him..  Hes worth the extra money ! 

Happy planning, :) 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Anyone have anything to share about Joey Allen - Vegas Photo? Still trying to decide myself...
    http://www.vegas-photo.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second mikelphotos.com
  • Options
    ginganiksginganiks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys, I have emailed a few, Deacon has been fab, he has emailed some great shot ideas, and always emailed back right away! he is so so helpful, i think if you are unsure you should use him, his work looks great too!
    Can't wait, I think he will be worth the extra $ for sure!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It is interesting you say that Deacon Tyler is an extra $800 dollars... Six Months ago when I was looking he has ad's on Craigslist for $279 for 6 hours. So it makes me wonder why he has inflated his pricing so much...possible he got popular on TheKnot and now he is taking advantage of it? I don't like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Deacon is a nice guy.  We did engagement pictures with him and really enjoyed the experience.  It's importatnt to pick a photographer that you feel will capture your wedding as you want it captured and you are comfortable with.
  • Options
    jessicacat111jessicacat111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pinkfootball - I've seen Deacon's equipment and his studio, I highly doubt that he could afford all that charging $279 for six hours. 

Even if he had, that was six months ago!  60 years ago, a new car costed $2,000.  Prices change lol.  We paid $799 for four hours with them for their year end special and I still feel like I got a great deal :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know about Ron Miller photography?
  • Options
    ginganiksginganiks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks all- we booked Deacon, his communication is excellent and so far he has given me everything I have asked for! Paid the deposit today! He has been great so far!
    He has given me a list of equiptment he uses and I dont think he can get away with charging less, plus he does re touch, I have looked around and he seems to have the best website and pics by far, the others seem less professional.
  • Options
    bethm098bethm098 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just wanted to comment as well again, that i had started my search for my wedding photographer, DJ, hair and makeup ect..., by using craigslist months ago, and i saw deacons ad and many others ads as well and his price was not that low.   He charges a fair amount for his service as well as many others do.   I agree with mhoneybee, that you find the vendor you are most comfortable with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards