Michigan-Detroit
Options

VENT...a day late

I know Wednesday has come and gone but I'm so angry that I can't see straight and just thought I'd let it out.

My DJ (Mary Ann Productions) was holding my date for me until I signed my venue contract.  I was ready to pay her up front but she said there was no reason to meet until I had the venue locked in.  She said she would hold my date and let me know if anyone else tried to book it.  Well, you can imagine what happened.  I emailed her this morning to find out where to send the deposit check and she has given my date away.  I know there are lots of good DJs out there but I really had my heart set on her.  What a tremendous disappointment.

Though I suppose the silver lining is that now I don't have to work with someone so unprofessional on the big day.

Thanks for listening!
Venue: Book Cadillac imageimage

Re: VENT...a day late

• Options
    courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_venta-day-late?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:4deeb158-d0af-4721-9837-4c857c30d3b7Post:171bd736-193b-4c5f-893f-fecd387fa18d">VENT...a day late</a>:
    [QUOTE]Though I suppose the silver lining is that now I don't have to work with someone so unprofessional on the big day.
    Posted by Glambride09[/QUOTE]

Definitely a silver lining there! If she can't keep her promie about holding the date, and didn't even contact you when someone else wanted it, I don't know if I'd be able to trust her to listen to me about what type of music we wanted.
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks- but like you said... at least you see her true colors now and not before or on your big day. look at it as a blessing. you'll find a better one!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't understand how people can be so unprofessional when recommendations are their main source of business.  Like everyone has stated at least you don't have to deal with her on your wedding day :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lanejanelanejane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_venta-day-late?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:4deeb158-d0af-4721-9837-4c857c30d3b7Post:eebd66a1-6738-4ea2-9c8d-018416e927aa">Re: VENT...a day late</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to VENT...a day late : Definitely a silver lining there! If she can't keep her promie about holding the date, and didn't even contact you when someone else wanted it, I don't know if I'd be able to trust her to listen to me about what type of music we wanted.
    Posted by courtney1188[/QUOTE]

This. Obviously money talks to this woman and it's better you found this out now rather than later.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sucks.  At least now you can get a more professional DJ.  I'm sure you'll find one you like just as much with some research.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_venta-day-late?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:4deeb158-d0af-4721-9837-4c857c30d3b7Post:20cbcbd9-53c7-4a88-a658-2243cf2365e8">Re: VENT...a day late</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't understand how people can be so unprofessional<strong> when recommendations are their main source of business</strong>.  Like everyone has stated at least you don't have to deal with her on your wedding day :)
    Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]
    And bad reviews make them lose business.  Guess I'm not going with this DJ.  <div>
    </div><div>Although I do understand they have no obligation to hold your date unless they have a deposit and signed contract, if she turned down the money beforehand and said she'd hold your date, that is unprofessional.  Good luck with a new DJ.  Keep us updated.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    Glambride09Glambride09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, everyone.  I'll start my new DJ search tomorrow when I'm done being angry :)

Venue: Book Cadillac imageimage
  • Options
    helgak99helgak99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Phone 1 866.669.5235 

I'd recommend Jack Brown as a DJ, he was professional from the start.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards