Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

monday morning vent!!

My future Mil refuses to wear the color I chose for the parents to wear in the wedding because she wants to wear the purple dress she wore to her daughters first wedding 13 years ago!! My bm dress color is purple! All the other parents including her husband are wearing green. I'm considering just buying her a dress to wear...its not going to look right in the photos at all. :
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: monday morning vent!!

• Options
    sorry to be mean-ish about this, but the only people whose outfits you get to dictate are bridesmaids/groomsmen.  I would let your FMIL wear whatever she wants. And the other parents as well.  and I dont see how purple with purple bridesmaid dresses won't match...

google some formal bridal party pictures and see how often everyone "matches" (and how they look fine either way) before you decide if this is really important enough to fight with FMIL about.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    My fiance and I thought having our parents wear green would be a great idea to incorporate both our wedding colors, green and purple. We are not trying to 'dictate' what they wear, just a small friendly request to wear green.I dont think it should be a big deal or rude, our wedding is a year away. I just needed to vent somewhere about it.........:p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah you can't tell your parents/in-laws what to wear.  I think you are getting all worked up about something that years from now you'll realize is a minor detail.  Just tell your parents/his parents to wear something that looks nice and leave it at that.
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thank you for the advice ladies :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Just take a moment and breath! I understand how you feel. What may be huge in this moment will not be down the road. I know it's hard to understand now but you'll understand in a few months!

Also, the wedding is so far away she may just change her mind!
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    JoyjoshMJoyjoshM member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I honestly, would not stress over that. I'm sure, there are other things more important to worry about. My fiance tells me all the time, to "Pick your battles"  so let her wear what she wants, worry about your bridal party.

Hope that helps! *Smile*
  • Options
    Chill, seriously. Your wedding is a year away and I promise, you'll have much larger fish to fry than what color your FMIL is wearing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thank you girls for emphasizing with the positive feedback, I don't want to sound like a bridezilla, I just needed somewhere to vent that's all.....we have all been there and we all usually figure out what's important and what's not. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards