Missouri-St Louis

Sandy's Tailoring or Jeannette Chaloupecky?

Hi, has anyone used either of seamstress' for their alterations?  I received my dress from Clarices' and now I'm ready to do alterations. :) 

Re: Sandy's Tailoring or Jeannette Chaloupecky?

• edited December 2011
    My fiance has used Sandy's many times, not for dresses (obviously, lol), but he says she's always done a good job for him.  The only thing, everytime I happen to drive by, she is closed.
  • edited December 2011

I just picked up my dress from Sandy's today. It took a few appointments to get everything perfect but I had to get a lot done to my dress. She is closed on Sundays and Mondays, open til 5 during the week and only til 2 on saturdays. You don't need an appointment to go to her. My initial visit where I had to get cups put in my dress, my bustle done, my top made into a sweetheart, my dress had to get shortened and it had to get taken in around the bust. There was a lot to get done and my dress is all lace and beading, so very detailed, she asked me to give her 2 weeks to do it, which was not long to get all that done. I had 2 or 3 visits after that to get everything perfect but I couldn't be happier.

With all the getting done, we paid $140 for alterations. I'm not sure if that's good or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards