Alaska

Dress Shops in Anchorage

Hi, this message board is still pretty quiet but i'll see if there are some brides out there watching...I'm looking for what dress shops are in Anchorage. I know of Anderson's and David's but nothing else comes up or it doesn't have a website. There have to be more than 2 shops in anchorage. Any suggestions? Thanks

Re: Dress Shops in Anchorage

• mandeline21mandeline21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you posted this awhile ago, but I do have some other suggestions.  Those may actually be the only dress shops in Anchorage, because when I was shopping for a dress 2 years ago, there were only a couple more, and I think they went out of business.  There was a place called Glacier Gowns, which was on Dowling at the roundabout, but it's not there anymore, and I'm not sure if she moved or closed.  There is a bridal shop in Wasilla called Arctic Rose, and she has a huge selection, and there's Donna's Corner in Big Lake.A lot of my friends (and I considered it also) went out of state to buy their gowns, because the selection here kind of sucks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • srussesrusse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In the sears mall there are a few dress shops.  One of them has a few wedding dresses. Really pretty! but not a wedding dress specific store. 
  • edited December 2011
    There seem to be a few prom type dress shops in several malls that also carry wedding gowns. Just yesterday I was at the Northway Mall and the drycleaners there had about 30 different wedding gowns for sale.
  • edited December 2011
    Nordy's is now carrying wedding dresses- I found a couple informal dresses I liked for under $200.
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally had a great experience at Anderson's!  I had heard bad things about them, but experienced nothing but wonderful and helpful people.  I'd give them a chance as they have a lot of gorgeous gowns (including mine!).  Otherwise, there are a few in the Valley if you are willing to travel.  There is one in Meta Rose Square in Wasilla, and there's Donna's Corner in Big Lake. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    After going to Anderson's, David's Bridal, Arctic Rose, and Donna's Corner, the ones outside of Anchorage has been the best experience so far. 

Anderson's was high quality material but way too expensive.

David's Bridal was cheap material and alterations were overpriced.

Arctic Rose had a large amount of dress, great customer service, had many dresses between $500-$900, a few in the $1,000.

Donna's Corner was small but I did find my dress there!  There are dresses on clearance and on sale - good for budget brides! 

I can't comment on their alterations but when I get mine done, I'll update this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards