Getting in Shape
Options

whiny vent :(

My knee has started acting up again. It has been aching a little here and there but nothing significant, until last thursday during my workout. I started getting really sharp pains during the first set of my final group of workouts, and I stopped during the 2nd set because I knew there was no point in pushing it (I tried altering my form and it didnt help). I didnt work out friday or saturday but I did on sunday, and while it didnt hurt during my workout (i only did upper body weights), it is killing me now. It has been a constant ache since lastnight. Ive iced it most of lastnight, and this morning, and it still hurts.

Because of this, I am not working out today. I am all bloated and pms-y, and because im not working out today and the way I feel, I am convinced I am super duper fat and doomed to never lose anymore weight. I know this is stupid, but I have probably stood sideways infront of the mirror any number of times so far today to make sure I dont look too fat. I cant help but feel down on myself. Its making me feel crazy.

Why is the brain one of our worst enemies when we are trying to lose weight? All logic I normally possess has gone straight out the window.

Re: whiny vent :(

• Options
    Ugh, sorry to hear about that Nebb.  I know exactly how you feel.  One skipped workout, heck sometimes just a day off, and I feel as big as a blimp.  I'll tell FI how fat I feel and he assures me its all in my head, but you can bet I'm still tugging at my pants to see if they feel tighter than they did the day before.

I hope your knee gets better soon!!
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've never had knee issues before, but after Saturday they are just aching.  At least I know mine will get better.  I have no idea how you deal with this so often.

Definitely look for a new, better, less douchtastic doc and get something done missy!

Andplusalso, you're not fat.  Just short. ;)
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. PMS will do that
    2. You've dealt with the knee injury before, you will find a way to work around it.
    3. Step away from the scale, mirror, etc & get some fresh air. Or watch the most ridiculous chic-flick you can get your hands on. If fresh air doesn't cure me, a good cry/laugh usually does.

You'll figure it out Nebb, sooner or later. Keep fighting for it :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im just going to have to keep icing and do my physio exercises again, I stopped when my knees started to feel better. I might have to take it easy on lower body stuff for the next little while too, which annoys me because I was finally making some headway, but theres not much I can do.
  • Options
    Im sorry Nebb. Did you ever go to the doc about your knees? I was gone for awhile and didnt hear anything. I know PMS does that to me. When Its PMS time I dont even want to look in a mirror because I picture myself 20lbs heavier.

Dont stress. Eat good and maybe just do upper body workouts for a day or two. Keep icing it too.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    That sucks.  I've had knee issues my whole life, and they really flare up at the worst possible times. hang in there, ice them, do your stretches.  It really sucks that you're dealing with that when you're working so hard!
  • Options
    Nebb - can you do a workout that is more low impact on your knees?  Swimming is awesome.  You could even wear fins or a just do pull to still get a workout in while not overusing your knee.

In the mean time, chin up!  This hard time will pass!
  • Options
    Sorry, Nebb. That blows. Don't let Mother Nature's monthly gift mess with your head! Keep kicking ass!
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Im a doofus, I continued stressing over it all day long until I finally measured myself to make sure I hadnt gotten bigger, I had infact lost a bit on my waist. I dont know why I put myself through such mental grief.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards