June 2012 Weddings

mystery gift!

So yesterday we received a larger gift off of our registry, a vacuum cleaner. With no note, no name nothing. I have no idea who sent it and therefore have nowhere to send a thank you note to. I feel horrible that I can't write one! Did this happen to anyone and thoughts on what to do? I already called the store where it came from and they said there is no way to look up who purchased it and give me that information. Sooooo, what to do?

Re: mystery gift!

• This happened at my MOH baby shower. She recieved a baby swing with no name, nothing. But at the shower, her husbands grandma sent a card with someone else with a picture of the gift inside so they found out it was from her. What i would do is listen or ask around,  and see if someone tells you they got it for you. Maybe you can use process of elimination after the wedding to see who you didn't get a gift from at the wedding. If none of this happens or helps, all you can do is just accept it and know that the person who sent it to you knows that you are thankful for the generous gift.
  • I would also have to suggest the process of elimination.  Maybe also put the word out to your wedding party and immediate family and they can keep their ears perked for anyone that mentions it.  If they hear something, I don't think its rude for them to ask the person about it, since the person that gave it should know that they didn't identify themself in any way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we thought this happened to us until we saw a small postcard from the store that said who it was from. it was buried! is there something buried in the box?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_mystery-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:463d8747-9d23-4d63-9864-eb02564a4f69Post:ec547352-e756-43f4-a304-18445825b30e">Re: mystery gift!</a>:
    [QUOTE]we thought this happened to us until we saw a small postcard from the store that said who it was from.<strong> it was buried! is there something buried in the box?</strong>
    Posted by KBabe076[/QUOTE]

<div>YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Found it!  It was a pretty large box and we had taken all the packing stuff out but after reading this I went and dumped it all out and whacked the bottom of the box a few times and out popped the shipping info! It must have been stuck inder the flaps at the bottom. Thank you ladies!!!</div>
  • Mystery solved! We're regular Nancy Drew's over here :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sure!! I'm glad you found it! We really are abunch of Nancy Drews haha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm glad you found it! I got an early wedding gift as well, from BBB. I also didn't see a note or anything inside til I literally went through all the packaging and it was stick in there crumpled up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards