California-San Diego
Options

E-Session Locales in San Diego

Hi All,
I am  from L.A.County, but my fiance and I are going to have our engagement shoot in San Diego at the end of the month. I'm looking for ideas and cool locales suggestions. Thanks for the help!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: E-Session Locales in San Diego

• Options
    edited December 2011

Balboa park is really nice.  endless backgrounds.  or any beach is nice too. 

• Options
    SBS0628SBS0628 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours at Leo Carillo Ranch in Carlsbad and at the Walnut Grove Park & Barn in San Marcos. Both have a Western-y feel to them.

The college campuses in San Diego make nice backdrops at well. UCSD has some interesting architecture and is close to the beach.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Balboa Park has amazing architecture, a fountain, etc.

If you are looking for a beach, either Coronado or Sandnsea Beach in LaJolla (we did ours @ Sandnsea and it is beautiful!)

The Gaslamp (downtown)

Ferry Landing (starts on the embarcadero and then take the ferry to Coronado)

Sunset Cliffs in Ocean Beach

Temecula, which is the wine country

Good luck!! 
  • Options
    spiderwebsspiderwebs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info! Just checked out Balboa Park online, its beautiful. Does anyone know offhand if there are any restrictions or fees involved in having a professional photography session there? Can't seem to find any info about it on their website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto brookev! Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    spiderwebs - Balboa Park is free, as far as I know. It's a public area and there are almost always people there taking wedding and quincenera photos with professional photographers. You should be fine to just show up. Keep in mind that earlier in the day is probably better for the least number of people in the park though. Be sure to hit up the Organ Pavilion and the Lily Pond, they're beautiful. If you want to spend a few bucks, you can go into the Japanese Friendship Garden, it's beautiful in there.

Another location to consider is the University of San Diego campus, there are so many picturesque spots. Feel free to message me if you want suggestions about the best picture spots on campus.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards