New Jersey
Options

Wedding Insurance

This is something we had been considering looking into, and now that my parents have been without power since Sandy hit, it's even more important.  You never know what might happen... Does anyone have any recommendations on companies/coverage? I know there are a few options out there. 

Thanks so much!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Insurance

• Options
    no idea. but good idea. :)
  • Options
    I never even considered it.  My wedding was postponed thanks to Sandy and we have incurred some financial loss.  Wish I would've looked into the insurance option when we first started planning....I just never thought anything like this could've happened!  Thankfully our financial loss is small compared to what others have gone through.
  • Options
    I didn't have wedding insurance but considered it. Luckily with my vendors, we had "natural disaster" clauses built into our contracts so it wasn't necessary for us. I'd check with your vendors first. I don't have any recommendations for a company to use though. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_wedding-insurance-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:2331a70e-9bdc-4da3-a142-4d82f42d8099Post:d66a33a3-9a39-4ab4-97d8-93221857fdcb">Re: Wedding Insurance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never even considered it.  My wedding was postponed thanks to Sandy and we have incurred some financial loss.  Wish I would've looked into the insurance option when we first started planning....I just never thought anything like this could've happened!  Thankfully our financial loss is small compared to what others have gone through.
    Posted by JoanE2012[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm so sorry...the storm and aftermath were really unbelievable.  It's good to hear your financial loss is relatively small.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My wedding is this Saturday and based on what happened with Sandy we wish we would have had it. We were very lucky in having nothing impacted but wished we had the coverage in case. Our venue encouraged it but we did not opt for it. They did it though through Travelers insurance. Hope this helps!
  • Options
    www.wedsafe.com is the one my planner suggested and what we're using. I think our quote came to $260 for $1Million liability plus alcohol.. 
  • Options
    I'd start by building in "wedding clauses" to your contracts as someone else recommended. Most important is finding trustworthy vendors that are willing to work with you and undertanding if something were to happen.  My wedding was post ponned last year due to Hurricane Irene.  We did not have insurance.  We were able to work with our venue to find a new date (just two months later) and line up the rest of our vendors.  
  • Options
    If I was getting married again, I'd take it along with honeymoon insurance. 
  • Options
    After nearly having to cancel my wedding due to Sandy's impending arrival and then having to postpone our honeymoon by 6 days, I would absolutely recommend wedding and honeymoon insurance.  The wedding insurance quotes I looked at were about $300 to $400 and the honeymoon was slightly less than that.  Definitely worth it, when you think how much money is at stake if you need to cancel.  This company is recommended through USAA - click HERE
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards