Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

AMAZING $$ Saver - NH Cakes

My fiance and I were looking for ways to cut costs for our wedding - our budget was $15k and for a cake, we really didnt want to spend $1k which was the best we were finding for what we wanted --- then we met Mike & Bonnie of Pi2 Confections -- www.fakeweddingcakesandmore.com -- they make fake cakes out of styrofoam and decorate the shape with frosting and fondant and sugar flowers, etc whatever you would normall put on a real cake (they also make real cakes too)

What about cake cutting?! No problem!!  They insert a 6 inch piece of real cake in the bottom tier of the cake and ensure you know where it is so that when you cut the cake, no one has any idea it is fake!!  The guests are served sheet cakes that are precut and serve 80 people per sheet. 

Our wedding cake is a three tier round with pulled and rouched fondant around each layer with fresh flowers cascading down the front.  We couldnt pick just one flavor so we elected to go with the red velvet cake with whtie chocolate mousse and the carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, one sheet of each.  We are getting married at Castleton in Windham NH, the delivery/set up fee was $45.  Our cake, in total with all fees and extras came to $475 and will serve 160 people.

I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Mike & Bonnie to anyone looking to save some smart money during wedding budgeting - we saved $500 from the best price for a real cake!!!!  

Enjoy!

*Jess 

Re: AMAZING $$ Saver - NH Cakes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards