Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Advice for MOH

Hi, I'm the MOH. my bride bestie just sent me an email about her destination wedding she's thinking of planing.
"I'm thinking we need to do an a,b,c guest list"  My first reaction: OMG! NOOOOOooooo
Help me reply in a nice way please. I've already fought this battle with my MIL in my own wedding last year.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Advice for MOH

• Options
    Just tell her how its really not good etiquette to make "a" & "b" list. Hopefully she will listen to you. If she is aving a destination wedding, she should only invite the people that she really wants there, even if it is just a small amount.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just direct her to this board and we will set her straight for you :)

• Options
    Ditto Maggie!

But also, you can try to tell her that with a destination wedding this type of thing won't work because it won't leave people enough time to plan/save/etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    Just be honest.  "Friend, B lists are impolite. It tells the guests you only wanted them there when your first choice guests declined. Would you want to feel like someone's second choice for a party?" And also throw in there what Kristbot said b/c that's very logical. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_advice-for-moh?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2b0de8cf-3037-4a0b-8999-0944e51f30bbPost:29291cb2-374b-4996-9490-f49050d99dd3">Re: Advice for MOH</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto Maggie! But also, you can try to tell her that with a destination wedding this type of thing won't work because it won't leave people enough time to plan/save/etc.
    Posted by kristbot[/QUOTE]
     Thank you, she is a huge planner so this hopefully will be a good angle to help her understand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards