South Asian Weddings

New Delhi Shopping for an American Indian Bride

So ladies, I just got back from India (New Delhi) and did some major shopping! I found my wedding dress, reception dress and mehndi dress on the second day I was there and saved close to $1000! If anyone plans on going to the New Delhi area for wedding shopping, please let me know. I know a person there who will coordinate eveyrthing for you. She knows all the right vendors from clothes to jewelry to tailoring to anything you can think of.  And she is a pitbull when it comes to negotiating for you.  If anyone is interested, I'll definitely give you the information and put you in contact. Happy shopping!!!

Re: New Delhi Shopping for an American Indian Bride

• sameera2010sameera2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!

Thanks for the post.  I'll be heading to Delhi in Feb for Wedding Shopping. Where exactly did you go?

Did you need or use a tailor for anything? We were planning on getting our invitations from there as well, any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Sameera
  • edited December 2011
    Butting in -- I got my invitations done in Delhi and I LOVED them.  He also did the rest of our paper suite -- programs, placecards, thank you cards, shagun envelopes, favor cards.  We worked in person when I was there on the invitations but everything else we did via email and he can either ship them to you or we had a family member bring the rest of the paper items.

The company is Bhavya Prints, they are in Karol Bagh and his name is Harish Gupta.  I found this online listing for him that could be helpful:  http://yellowpages.sulekha.com/delhi/parties-special-occasions-wedding/wedding-cards-invitations/karol-bagh/bhavya-prints.htm

Let me know if you want to see pictures of any of the paper items and I can send it to you via email.  HTH!
  • yanksasdjyanksasdj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I got all my drese at Frontier at Karol Bagh.  That was a great place. Actually in Karol Bagh is great to get jewlery (Much More - articifial jewelry). I did all my shopping pretty much there. Unfortunately I didn't have time to invitation, so I'll have to defer there. If you do want someone to help you go tothe right places let me know and I can put you in contact with my contact over there.
  • edited December 2011

If anyone can send me contacts and/or pics of the paper suite made I would be so appreciative.  I just moved here (New Delhi) and want to get my sister's invites, programs, etc done here.  Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards