Colorado-Denver

Reasonably priced foothills venue...

MY FI and I are looking for a venue for next Sept and we both love the idea of a foothills wedding. We have just began the search and we are looking for suggestions on places to check out. Below are the basic:

1) Garden scene and/or mountain views.
2) Fully catered including tables, chairs, linens, flatware and food.
3) Outdoor ceremony site
4) Prefer to be able to bring our own alcohol  but not a must
5) Looking at about 150 people.

Our budget is $8000 but would likee to come in below that obviously. That cost would have to include all food and set up etc.

Any help, insight, reviews, places to avoid etc is all very much appreciated.

Re: Reasonably priced foothills venue...

• latty27latty27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Evergreen Lake House, it is not catered but is inexpensive and you can bring your own alcohol and the ceremony site is outside... heres the website - http://www.evergreenrecreation.com/facilities.php?id=10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • anilemoanilemo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Have you checked out the Crystal Rose or The Pines at Genesse? Both are great venues!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Take a look at the Visitor Center and/or Trading Post at Red Rocks.
  • edited December 2011
    i was going to say the pines at genesee....i've heard mixed things about them...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mab1999mab1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the Golden Hotel?  They have everything you listed (though you have to use their liquor/bartender).
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of all the places we viewed up in Genessee, the Pines was our fav; they are just out of the running due to inflexibility with the Military (in case df should be deployed before a chosen date).

But loved that space!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for all the replies. We just looked at a few venues and will be looking at several more over the next few weeks.

We have looked at:

Willow Ridge
    Miramonte Lodge
    Terrace Gadrens at Ken Caryl
    The Franciscan

Does anyone have any reviews or opions on any of these venues.
  • CareyLeah1910CareyLeah1910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was a BM at a wedding at Terrace Gardens in Ken Caryl, and it was a nice venue.  The only thing that we didn't like was that if there is another event going on, they can have the ceremonies at the same time (at opposite ends of the building of course) and that they only use a divider for the receptions, so I remember it was noisy. However, the food was really good. There also aren't a lot of places for pics on the grounds, but thankfully the photog knew of a great park right up the street for some nice pics.

I'm getting married at the pines at genesee in September, and they have been fantastic!  Nice wedding terraces outside and great food.  They also include the tables, linens, and a small fee for non-alcoholic beverages.  You can also bring in your own liquor which is huge.

You also may want to check out Mount Vernon Events Center in Golden (not the country club).  I was the MOH in a wedding there last year and it was really nice. They can only have one event which is nice, and again everything was included like linens, tables, etc., and you can bring in your own liquor.

Good luck in your search :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Mount Vernon Country Club.  It is on Lookout Mountain. There are three rooms to choose from. The one we have sits 150 and our min food was around 5,300.  I know the other room upstairs does not have a min.  Have you thought about doing it on a Friday night?  That saves a ton of money!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Mount Vernon Country Club as well. If you do a brunch or lunch (before 4) the room is free. That saved us a bunch, also since its not an evening wedding we have no minimum. Awesome views and everyone there is super accommodating.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards