Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Shower menu help?

I am hosting my niece's bridal shower in August.  She loves Mexican food and i think that will be our theme.  I just adore her and I want her shower to be very very special.
I have to make the food ahead of time and transport it to her mom's house (about an hour away).

Any awesome suggestions for a Mexican menu?  I'm a pretty accomplished cook and willing to try new things.  Thanks.

Re: Shower menu help?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Will it be lunch or more like finger foods?

Chips w/ guacamole and a variety of salsa
    Empanadas
    mini quesadillas
    Mini peppers stuffed with cheese
    mini street tacos (beef or pork or chicken topped with salsa, chopped onion, cilantro and a lime wedge)
    a mexican caesar salad - you might be able to buy El Torita cilantro dressing in your grocery store or google a recipe. Make the salad w/ romaine, chopped tomato, queso fresco, pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips
    Churros for dessert, maybe with caramel sauce or vanilla ice cream? And mexican hot chocolate?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww....PP already hit all of my ideas.  The only other thing I could think of is if you wanted to do mini-chimichangas.  

Have fun! Good luck! Sounds delicious. 
  • Options
    kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  That gives me some great ideas!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I make these cheese enchiladas a fair amount, they're yummy: http://www.cooksrecipes.com/mless/cheese_enchiladas_with_green_chiles_recipe.html

A bar with several different salsas and guac. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards