Washington-Seattle

Any gossip on the 'The Ruins'?

I stumbled onto their site... have you heard anything good or bad about them? Has anyone checked this place out before, or had a wedding there?

http://www.theruins.net/catering.php?event=weddings

THANKS!

Re: Any gossip on the 'The Ruins'?

• edited December 2011
    I thought you had to be a member (it's kind of a club) or be sponsored by a member to have an event there.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It is a private club but they let nonmembers have events there.  You may need to be sponsored but that doesn't mean that you have to know someone.  If you decide to have an event they will find someone to sponsor you.

Many of Seattle's best chef's came through The Ruins which put it on the top of our list until we realized that it was way too small (if you want people in one room, the largest room fits around 100 if I remember correctly).  Subsequently looking at pictures I realized that while it is cool, it wasn't the vibe I would want--it is very ornate and also quirky (they have a giant elephant in one of the rooms and I think one has lots of antlers on the wall).  I have thought about using it for the rehearsal dinner or meet the parents dinner, though.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the opinions!
    For the right menu, I'd become a memeber! :)
    I got a PDF of info from the, we'll go check it out next weekend.... Looks a bit pricey and yes I'm a bit worried about the room vibe so we'll see!

I just want something and am exploring slightest posibilites at this point!
  • irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My office had a holiday party there one year, and it rocked. I think the interior decor is amazing. It IS very decadent and almost gothic looking, but it requires no decorating, that's for sure. The food was awesome.
  • edited December 2011
    I love the Ruins - in fact it was in my top two contenders for reception venue (we decided on The W Hotel instead for a bunch of reasons).  The inside of it is like a fantasy world - which is a big surprise because from the outside it looks like a crack-den!  I never had the food there, but they custom design a menu for you and they take care of EVERYTHING, including the cake and flowers.  I really loved it and it was a very tough decision for me to not go with it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards