Illinois-Chicago
Options

Clean, Modern Churches in Naperville/Schaumburg/Niles?

Hello,

I am going to be the maid of honor for my BF's wedding next year! Right now I am helping her look up venues via Google, but does anyone have suggestions for a nice church in the Naperville/Schaumburg/Niles area? I don't think it matters if it's Catholic or Protestant, but it must allow non-members to be wed there, and a have a clean, modern look. Thanks for the input!

Re: Clean, Modern Churches in Naperville/Schaumburg/Niles?

• Options

I dont think I have ever been in a church with a "modern" look. And definitely not a Catholic church. Do you have an example of what you are looking for?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I do not think you will be able to find a Catholic church that will marry non-parishoners.  Some of the larger city cathedrals and chapels on certain college/university campuses may allow services for a large fee, but none of those would be categorized as modern. 

I think you probably will need to decide if you are looking for a modern ceremony venue or a church.  The only remote possibility that enters my head is Willow Creek Church in Hoffman Estates.
  • Options
    St. John Brebeuf Church?
  • Options
    If you don't really care about the denomination I would suggest:
    Gary United Methodist Church in Wheaton, IL
    St. Peter Lutheran Church in Schaumburg, IL

Neither are really "modern" although I am not sure what exactly you mean by modern... There are many pictures of Gary United Methodist if you google. I know both allow non-members to be married there and will provide a pastor so you don't have pay extra for an officient.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_clean-modern-churches-in-napervilleschaumburgniles?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:1e7decb3-3c6c-4ee3-a504-009ef04f1a74Post:09e59f8b-e084-4488-bc9d-28a57bd8cdd1">Re: Clean, Modern Churches in Naperville/Schaumburg/Niles?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont think I have ever been in a church with a "modern" look. And definitely not a Catholic church. Do you have an example of what you are looking for?
    Posted by KatWAG[/QUOTE]

<div>I guess what she wants is just not a small chapel that looks like a log cabin indoors. Clean-looking, more modern architecture, and lots of windows for natural light. It doesn't have to follow a denomination, but must allow non-members to be wed there without required premarital counseling. </div>
  • Options
    Thank you for your suggestions. I think what she's looking for is similar to Calvary Church in Naperville: http://www.gosspasma.com/flash/calvary_03.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards