March 2013 Weddings

Cocktail Hour Wording for Program

Any recommendations on how to word something in the program stating guests will exit to the Oakmont Room and Mezzanine for cocktail hour (hors d'eouvres and beverages) while we get pictures ... then we will be having dinner ... but event staff (how would you even word those people?) willl let them know when to enter reception hall  (all at the same venue ...) 

Does that question even make sense?!  THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!!

Re: Cocktail Hour Wording for Program

• I went to a wedding in June where they used one room for cocktail hour then we went to the other room for the reception. We just waited to be told when to enter.. They didn't include that wording on a program. 

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • You could say something to the effect of "Cocktail hour at 5pm in the Oakmont room, dinner to follow at 6pm in the ___ room". But personally I wouldn't even do that. Are you worried that people will go into the reception room before they are supposed to? If the doors are shut, usually people will wait to enter. If the staff is going to be around, they can also be watching the doors and filling people in. I think most people will understand what's going on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • If there is anyone there who is a staff  member that is also acting as a coordinator (catering manager? hotel events planner? a parent? officiant who is staying as they are also a family friend? - a person of authority over your event and of the demeanor to step forward if needed)...you could explain to them a cue or indicatorr as to when you and the photographer are ready to begin dinner (or whatever the hold-up is?) and they could be in charge of communicating with staff and guests.  "ladies and gentlemen, dinner is now served." (the door is opened) is sufficient

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards