Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

I am getting married in Orlando. All of our family and friends are coming from out of town. We currently live in Miami and our families live in Indiana.  My fiances parents are hosting the rehearsal. We are trying to keep it small with immediate family and the wedding party. My only problem is some people who are not in the wedding or immediate family are traveling with people in the wedding party and family. Do I invite everyone or do they have to stay in their hotel room while we are at dinner?
I would love for these people to come to rehearsal but I am not footing the bill so it's not my decision. Help

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you're obligated to invite everyone.  They can get together and go out to dinner on their own, or go find something fun to do.  Most people understand that the wedding party has the obligation of the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner the night before a wedding.  Just be sure to be very clear with your RD invitations who is included.  You might want to contact individuals to give them the details rather than just sticking inserts in the wedding invitation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would never leave half of a social unit in a hotel room during a meal.  If your in-laws can't afford to provide meals for everyone, offer to cover them yourself.

If I traveled from Indiana to Florida for a wedding, and then was told to cool my heels in the hotel room while my DH was having dinner, I'd be very unhappy.  So would my DH.  I don't think he'd want to leave me alone in a hotel room for the length of a rehearsal and dinner.

Or switch out the RD.  It doesn't have to be formal or a sit down meal.  It can be pizza and beer and everyone will enjoy it!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually the wedding party's spouses are invited. But one of my old coworkers is coming up from Miami with my Officiant and her family. My cousin is coming in with my brother and his wife.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_rehearsal-dinner-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:4fdad9af-630f-47be-a8be-08c12e4f6cbfPost:4f9c1ee5-ecd0-42ad-8c8f-b3bb221483f8">Re: Rehearsal Dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Actually the wedding party's spouses are invited. But one of my old coworkers is coming up from Miami with my Officiant and her family. My cousin is coming in with my brother and his wife.
    Posted by aflenyo[/QUOTE]

Is it just these 2?  If it is I would just offer the invitation to the dinner. 

We have a lot of OOT guests coming in and most of them know each other so dinner while the WP is at RD isn't a big issue.  But if we had a single friend traveling with people already attending the RD I would invite them as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards