Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Friend booked wedding on SAME day as mine...

I'm so bummed right now. A friend of mine from my hometown just got engaged and  scheduled her wedding for the same date as mine. We aren't super close, but have many mutual friends. A few of my friends I've known the longest were asked to be BM's in her wedding. I'm assuming a lot of guests from my hometown will probably stay for a local wedding rather than travel 3.5 hours to come to mine...

I know it's out of my control and there's no sense in getting upset over something that's out of my hands, but I am just really, really, reeeally BUMMED. Mother F.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Friend booked wedding on SAME day as mine...

• Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry that sucks.
    Have you sent Save The Dates yet?
    Maybe people will decide on a first come first serve basis...

Are these friends closer with her that theyd ditch your wedding to be in hers?
    Had they already committed to be in or come to yours?
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I sent them all an e-mail with the date as soon as we chose it (in January). The wedding isn't until next May so I planned to send STD's the end of this month.

The friends we have in common are friends I've known since pre-school and like 1st grade. However, I moved to Philly a few years ago and a lot of them all live in the same town still so they spend more time together. Two of them were asked to be BM's in her wedding so I'm sure that's an automatic they aren't coming to mine now. I hope the rest will still come to mine...I'm really trying not to be upset about it, just sad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that. That seriously sucks. Did you happen to send that email to the girl that booked on your day?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friends-wedding-same-date-mine?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0f36ccc2-00a1-4a4f-98be-3601d7f43746Post:099e93b9-b9f8-47b8-b1ac-17148ae7329c">Re: Friend booked wedding on SAME day as mine...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry to hear that. That seriously sucks. Did you happen to send that email to the girl that booked on your day?
    Posted by jelybeancg[/QUOTE]

This...

Because if you did I would then be pissed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, she didn't get an e-mail. We're not super close. I had a facebook status w/the date when we originally booked. She commented - but this was months ago so I doubt she remembered. The e-mail was to mutual friends of ours. Which means people will have to choose between the two. It's rare that everyone gets together and it SUCKS that people will be split up now...Ahh. What can ya do...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck I hope it all works out for you.

Either way itll be awesome and the people who matter will be there
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much Cait. Yes - it will be such a special day regardless
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That really sucks!  I'm sorry.
  • Options
    teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww that sucks I would be pissed too. Sorry to hear that.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How do you know she even knew about your wedding? Did you call her recently to tell her? Did you send her a save the date card? Are you sure you have her correct address to receive it?

Unless you are 100% positive that she knew about it you have no right to be mad at her or anybody who chooses to attend her wedding instead of yours.

If she did know about your wedding and still went ahead and booked the same date then I'd say she's not as close a friend as you had thought.
  • Options
    nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that some of your friends won't be able to make it due to the dates being the same, but look at it another way, you can invite some other friends or family that you had to cut from you list the first time.  I know it's hard when stuff like this happens but your wedding is you and your fiance/husband to be, and I'm sure friends who can't attend will be there in spirit.  Some of them are probably as bummed as you are (not that helps but...).  Have a happy day with the guests who can come!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the positive thoughts, nancy. that's really the best way to look at it :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards