South Asian Weddings

Greetings from India!

Hey guys, I'm living in India now! 

I arrived a week ago. I've been happily settling in. My Ryan is wonderful and his parents have been warm and welcoming. We're still trying to figure out when the wedding will be, but it's all going very well.

I'm in Gurgaon (near Delhi) so let me know if you are in the area!
My blog
"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV

Re: Greetings from India!

• Hi!  I haven't checked the board in forever and was so excited to see your post!

I'm glad you're settling in well.... must be really tough though.  The weather must be pretty good, and I'm sure you're still jet-lagged.  Are you staying with Ryan's family?   Did you get to see Delhi at all yet?  Delhi has a lot to see and do.  I've only been in Gurgaon in passing, but so many people we know have homes there and I gather it's pretty nice.

When you go shopping for the wedding, which I'm sure you must be looking forward too LOL, please post pics.

Actually, we might be in your area soon.  My grandmother-in-law (Naniji) just passed away at 88 and we're thinking of going to be with my MIL.  There are a lot of variables in the plan right now, so I don't know when/if it will happen, whether we'll both go, or whether we'll do our usual Delhi - Jaipur arrival, but I will let you know.
  • I'm not really jet lagged. The weather is nice, though it gets chilly. I've only been to Delhi once so far and for a specific reason, so I haven't seen the sights. Gurgaon is very popular and apparently is actually more expensive to live than Delhi. Most of the businesses are actually here, because of higher taxes in Delhi.

I'm not sure when we're doing wedding stuff, or how that will happen. The wedding stuff is in the air. 
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards