Michigan-Detroit

Manzanita Branches???

Does anyone know where to find these locally (or online I guess)?! And inexpensivelly?!?

(just the branches)

Or have a tree that grows them (preferably) so I can just come chop some off!!!?

I would love them to be 36-48ish"?!

Thanks gals :)
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Manzanita Branches???

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You won't find much that is exactly like manzanita branches in Michigan. However, I have seen neighbors put out clippings that are pretty long with a lot of smaller branches that shoot off. Similar, not the same.

I'd recommend driving around your neighborhood on trash/ clipping day and see what you can find. From now through the fall a lot of people are clipping branches and cutting trees.

Manzanitas cost a fortune, at least IMO. I'm sure someone else has priced them recently and may have found some deals.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks sue, I have honestly thought of just finding a tree I like and clipping branches! I found a girl who is selling her manzanita branches after her wedding, she has about 70 and is looking to sell them for 150, which I thought was a pretty good deal! But Im concerned how much we are going to have to pay for shipping :l I will take your advice though and keep my eye out!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Wow, 70 branches? I'd imagine you only need 1-2 per table. How big is your wedding? LOL.

• edited December 2011
    some ofmy centerpieces will showcase manzanita branches.  you could contact my florist/weddng coordinator to see how to order them.  look her up - Flourish Event Design in Birmingham!

good luck!
  • ilovetobinilovetobin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased my manzanita branches off EBAY.  I don't know if I would recommend just cutting them off a local tree or using clippings you find; I think local branches would break or be more brittle but then again I didn't try that so I'm not sure.  70 branches for $150 is a steal.  If the branches are the length you want and are in good shape I wouldn't pass that up.  I paid more for shipping then the actual branches.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards