Oklahoma

Question question question :-)

How many people are you or did you or are you planning on inviting to your wedding?

We wanted just 100, but we invited 115
Anniversary image

Re: Question question question :-)

• TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We eneded up having approximately 85 people who came to the wedding.  We invited (including our wedding party and parents) 141 people.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are inviting around 200 people. Yeah I know it is a large number but our families are very large. We really want to get it down to about 125 but I do not see that happening. I have been told several times to only expect half of who you invite to come.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Some of my favorite quotes

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because your reality is finally better than your dreams" -Dr. Seuss
    "You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." - Dr. Suess
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_question-question-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:b4b8130b-fc0d-4fa6-a8e2-dde1791b5b11Post:ab7b3720-3ecb-44f1-aadb-c68a3424619f">Re: Question question question :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are inviting around 200 people. Yeah I know it is a large number but our families are very large. We really want to get it down to about 125 but I do not see that happening. I have been told several times to only expect half of who you invite to come.
    Posted by JenJen06182011[/QUOTE]

<div>  So far, all of our RSVP's have been YES!  </div>
    Anniversary image
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_question-question-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:127Discussion:b4b8130b-fc0d-4fa6-a8e2-dde1791b5b11Post:ab7b3720-3ecb-44f1-aadb-c68a3424619f">Re: Question question question :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are inviting around 200 people. Yeah I know it is a large number but our families are very large. We really want to get it down to about 125 but I do not see that happening. I have been told several times to only expect half of who you invite to come.
    Posted by JenJen06182011[/QUOTE]

I'd say that the best rule of thumb is to EXPECT about 10 more than you invite, and then wait to be pleasantly surprised when you only get half of the RSVPs back with a "yes".  It's better to plan for too many that not enough!

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I only wanted about 100
    Fi's mom wanted about 300!
    BUT
    we are only going to be inviting about 150-160
  • edited December 2011
    We invited 81 but are only expecting about 50-60 people since a lot of my family lives far away.
  • edited December 2011
    We were thinking 125 - 150. List is at 231. At least space isn't a concern since we're having the ceremony and reception outside  at a friend's farm.  Hopefully Oklahoma weather and wind will cooperate.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oklahoma_question-question-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:127Discussion:b4b8130b-fc0d-4fa6-a8e2-dde1791b5b11Post:eade6b6b-6cd7-4244-9fa5-335ba3457d80">Re: Question question question :-)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were thinking 125 - 150. List is at 231. At least space isn't a concern since we're having the ceremony and reception outside  at a friend's farm.  Hopefully Oklahoma weather and wind will cooperate.
    Posted by JessandTrey2009[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Good thing it is not today! This wind is awful!</div>
    Anniversary image
  • matt&britmatt&brit member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now my list is at about 173 and thats without any plus ones, and without the grooms friends or family....
     Everyone told me about 20 % wont come.
  • edited December 2011
    We invited 78 people, planning on about 55ish showing up. :)
  • cksbychrsycksbychrsy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have just over 100 on invite list. It's going to be fun to see how many actually RSVP.

When you know, you just know! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards