Florida-West Coast

DJ vs.IPOD

So I need some advice on music.... I am having an intimate small wedding 20-35 people and I want to have a dj, but my fiancé insists that we should just use the iPod... I think that is so tacky, but at the same time I think the area where we are having the reception which is an outside area is too small.... I don't know whats a good idea..... Any ideas on good dj in Bradenton/ Sarasota area and what are their price ranges????

Re: DJ vs.IPOD

• I've been to a couple of smaller weddings where an ipod was used & it just seems to lack a professional vibe. Plus, there is those awkard moments when people are fiddling with the ipod to find just the right song. I would recommend an up and coming craigslist dj before using an ipod. Goodluck! 
  • I guess if you really wanted to use an ipod you could plan ahead and make a playlist with everything flowing together so you wouldn't have to mess with it all night....

...I just swear by DJs. They help receptions out so much!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would go with a DJ. I am not good at picking out music for everyone. I have a couple of go to songs, but that is it.

YGPM
  • If you use an ipod, you're going to need someone to make announcements, move the reception along.  As PP said, otherwise there will be a lot of fiddling around and people bored/not knowing what's going on.

Personally, I'd spring for a DJ.
  • I agree too. Thank you for all the advice....it's always nice to be able to get other people's opinion and ideas!!!
  • Any good advice on djs on the Sarasota area
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards