Military Brides
Options

TGIF- Happy News

I was suppose to hear back if I got a job or not. They haven't called yet and I doubt they will by end of business day today or the end of the year like promised. However, H told me this morning his return date has been bumped up. At first I was shocked now I'm beaming. We also decided to upgrade our ski trip to a Caribbean Cruise. HOLLLLLAAAAAAAA which means Hello Jillian I'll be seeing you everyday until then, yikes. How about that for Resolution Motivation. :)

Re: TGIF- Happy News

• Options
    Woooo hooooooooo!!!!!! And, when it comes to the job, I see it as no news is good news! Fingers and toes crossed!
  • Options
    Yay!!!! Have fun on that cruise and yay for H coming home early! Good job vibes out there for you!
  • Options
    That is great news!!  That is so exciting that H is coming home earlier than expected :)  I'd be pretty freaking stoked for the cruise as well!

I hope you hear about the job soon too, waiting around is no fun!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Yay Shan!! That is great news about your H!! and T&P and Sparkly Job Dust!!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    That is such awesome new Shan! I'm happy for you and H! When are you planning on going on the cruise? H and I are thinking of a cruise or an AI in the Caribbean. I hope you get news from the job soon!
  • Options
    oo0o fun Shan!!! Haha love the resolution motivation!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I am high on the list for this job, and a lot of people in this career field take vacations during xmas-new year so I wasn't really expecting to hear. They said by christmas but called me the fri before to say - everyone is gone make it New Year. To be honest I still don't know if I'll accept an offer. We'll see.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_tgif-happy-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b32bf8ab-234b-4b8c-8bce-8b9609403dc6Post:ff18bc4d-4ac4-47c9-bb5b-739101626ba8">Re: TGIF- Happy News</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is such awesome new Shan! I'm happy for you and H! When are you planning on going on the cruise? H and I are thinking of a cruise or an AI in the Caribbean. I hope you get news from the job soon!
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

Sent you a FB msg.
  • Options
    Yayy Shan!! H and I were actually thinking about taking a cruise too! It helps that we are pretty close to some ports (Tampa, etc), so I need to research it more. 

And fingers crossed about the job!! 
  • Options
    Good luck on the job! The cruise sounds amazing! Have fun! :D
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_tgif-happy-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b32bf8ab-234b-4b8c-8bce-8b9609403dc6Post:111d93b8-bde4-4d21-b19e-ca804c376e7f">Re: TGIF- Happy News</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yayy Shan!! H and I were actually thinking about taking a cruise too! It helps that we are pretty close to some ports (Tampa, etc), so I need to research it more.  And fingers crossed about the job!! 
    Posted by ggirl2001[/QUOTE]

We have been hoping and wishing for an European one. But that will have to wait for a while. We went through and made a list of Must Haves (for H it was the biggest baddest ship) for me in was about location. I put them together and made a doc of all the sail dates. When I found out he was coming home early I thought- wait our top pick is sailing around that time and bam. LoL. I love cruising, H does too and he is scared to death of the ocean. The ladies on the Honeymoon page love cruisecompete.com. Although we haven't booked it yet, I price shopped on my own without a travel agent just using various websites. Our last cruise we used a Travel Agent (since we were coming from different states) and loved that she took care of it all. :) We'll see how it goes with me in charge ...
  • Options
    Yay, so exciting!!!!  

I think you should take a cruise out of Norfolk, regardless of where it goes to!  

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_tgif-happy-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b32bf8ab-234b-4b8c-8bce-8b9609403dc6Post:70e75cc8-71ba-417a-963d-6ae9dccbe2ec">Re: TGIF- Happy News</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay, so exciting!!!!   I think you should take a cruise out of Norfolk, regardless of where it goes to!  
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

H's next TDY/deployment I'll be heading your way!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_tgif-happy-news?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:b32bf8ab-234b-4b8c-8bce-8b9609403dc6Post:d853ec84-a3dc-4dde-9226-7ed0edddce2e">Re: TGIF- Happy News</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TGIF- Happy News : We have been hoping and wishing for an European one. But that will have to wait for a while. We went through and made a list of Must Haves (for H it was the biggest baddest ship) for me in was about location. I put them together and made a doc of all the sail dates. When I found out he was coming home early I thought- wait our top pick is sailing around that time and bam. LoL. I love cruising, H does too and he is scared to death of the ocean. The ladies on the Honeymoon page love cruisecompete.com. Although we haven't booked it yet, I price shopped on my own without a travel agent just using various websites. Our last cruise we used a Travel Agent (since we were coming from different states) and loved that she took care of it all. :) We'll see how it goes with me in charge ...
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]<div>Yeah, I would love a European Cruise too but that it is totally not possible right now. Neither of us have ever gone on a cruise, but we were t hinking it might be nice to do one for honeymoon/1 year anniversary. I just need to start researching some more. 

</div>
  • Options
    I am terrified of the open ocean but going on a cruise sounds so fun! I would love to go on a European one.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards