Indiana

Purple wedding...

I'm getting married in January 2011 and would like to have purple (a dark purple) as the main color. I'm having the hardest time finding flowers... does anyone have any ideas about what I can do? My bridesmaids will be wearing black dresses, so I need something with a little color to work for their bouquets too. Any help would be mucho appreciated!!!!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Purple wedding...

• edited December 2011
    are you doing silk or real flowers?

I did silk and I got really cute gerber daisys that were like a two toned so it made the dark purple stand out a lot... I got them from hobby lobby
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Irises are my favorite purple flower.  Anemones also come in a purple color. 
  • edited December 2011
    carnations,daisies, freesias, tulips, or just use stock flowers
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    "Black" calla lilies are dark purple.  I'll probably be using them for my bouquet and MOH will carry white ones.
  • edited December 2011
    we're using purple hydrangas, purple stock. and i know i'm going to spell this wrong but purple anemones... BEAUTIFUL! the black cala lillies are awesome but quite expensive.
  • tbrazelttbrazelt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding is this August and Purple is our main color.  Hydrangea comes in a variety of purple shades, and we are using deep purple and white orchids.  I really like ToBeDrReeds idea of the 'black' calla lillies...these are beautiful, but can be a little pricey.  I would talk to your florist and ask which varieties of flowers will be in season for January in your purple color!
  • jbutler0331jbutler0331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend get married this past January and her colors were purple and silver.  She had to do silk flowers to get the colors she wanted but they were absolutely beautiful.  This is actually the piece that they had on their columns that I've moved to my front door.

• PeterandKellyPeterandKelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married August 14th and did silk flowers in different shades of purple.  They would look good with almost any color purple and I am looking to sell them.  Please email me at malonkel@aquinas.edu if you are interested in seeing pictures or want a list of what I have!
  • Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm getting married in december and using purple flowers that will all be in season: stock, lisianthus, alstromeria, picasso cala lillies, dendrobium orchids
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards