New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Barn in the Hudson Valley?

I think I've found just about every barn in the Hudson Valley, aside from privately owned barns...but I either can't find the price to rent them, I'm trying to get in contact with them, or they are too expensive.

The two barns I am most interested in are Tralee Farm, and Shadow Lawn. However....Tralee is too expensive. We can pay about $2000. I don't know how expensive Shadow Lawn is. Does anyone know?

It may purely be unrealistic, but also, if anyone knows of any barns that can be rented for around $2000 let me know. I'm desparate. :(

Thanks!

Re: Barn in the Hudson Valley?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there - Shadow Lawn is $5200 between the barn/property and the guest houses for the weekend...it was very sadly outside of my budget too! Tralee Farm is a one minute walk from where I grew up, so I have a sense as to what you are looking for.

We ended up going with the Kaaterskill up in Catskill, NY (25 minutes north of High Falls/Stone Ridge area). Beautiful property, smaller barn but exactly what we need, and we've got the whole property from Thurs-Sun.  You might also take a look at Liberty View Farm outside of New Paltz - huge barn and a fun property as well. If you are looking for a smaller venue, Blooming Hill Farm has weddings in their farm stand, which is also a cool spot. Good luck!!
    pinkdahlias
  • Options
    silverfiresilverfire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow thank you. I will look into the places that you mentioned. :)

Do you have a phone number or email for the Kaaterskill place?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i just heard about a GREAT barn in the hudson valley.  A wedding planner told my sister in law about it cause she wants a barn too.  Call her at 845-389-5147.  Her name is joanne.  Good luck.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @BlackDiamond320:   Anywhere at this point I think. Probably more in the New Paltz, Ellenville, Kingston, or Pheonecia region.

@anncall:   Is Joanne the lady that owns the barn? And thanks! :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I called the Joanne and the barn would cost around $5000. *sigh* It looks like I will just have to work really hard and save the money or something...

• Options
    nklein313nklein313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is the barn that Joanne has? How many people can it accommodate? Thanks
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's on Hurley Ave. I don't remember how many people it can accomodate. Pretty sure it was over 100 though. She gave me this link though http://www.dewittfarm.com/.

If anyone else has any suggestions for me I'd love to at least hear them.  
  • Options
    betny02betny02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can't think of the name..but search Cornwall..there was smething there for about 100 people.
  • Options
    nicolev23nicolev23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I'm looking for a barn for about $2000 for next fall.  Would you mnd passing along your family friend?  Thank you!  Nicole
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards